Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phone calls from india?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i'm currently getting plagued by phone calls from dawn til bloody dusk (6 yesterday) from india asking whether i want a loan.

does anyone know the number you have to ring to stop these unsolicited calls? cheers in advance:thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

though it wont stop calls from abroad. It will stop most unsolicited calls from the UK (though not all, depends on whether they are compliant with DMA though if they are not they can get done but rarely do)

Most calls you will receive now are solicited, even though you are probably unaware of it (some unchecked web box registering on a site somewhere opting out). Proper cold calling is not as rife as it was (due partly to 14.7 million numbers on the residential TPS register = approx 60% of UK land lines)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Most calls you will receive now are solicited, even though you are probably unaware of it (some unchecked web box registering on a site somewhere opting out). Proper cold calling is not as rife as it was (due partly to 14.7 million numbers on the residential TPS register = approx 60% of UK land lines)

A few weeks ago I told a caller that my number was registered (it is) and he asked me for the ref. number it was registered under, I said I didn't know so he said it can't be registered then, I asked him if he was calling me a liar and he disconnected.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A few weeks ago I told a caller that my number was registered (it is) and he asked me for the ref. number it was registered under, I said I didn't know so he said it can't be registered then, I asked him if he was calling me a liar and he disconnected.

Hes talking bollocks, Theres no such thing as a reference number. That is your phone number. The list is available to subscribers with the phone number alone. no other information whatsoever

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I had one the other night, the fella said he was calling from a skip........his name was rumma.jin...!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When people ring trying to sell me something I have occasionaly turned the tables and tried to sell them either:

A - My Wife/Daughter
B - Home made jam
C - Shares in a clean, slightly stained but servicable Thai boy.

They like that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is the best approach, as long as you have a little time to spare, keep them on the line but always remain calm and polite...after about 5 minutes you should have said enough to ensure that they never call you again.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Go ex-directory. We don't get any cold callers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here