Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PHONE advice needed

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm about to get rid of my Nokia N86 as it is falling to bits after two years of being dropped in bars (and bras).

I have to date RESISTED the iPhone, on the grounds that it is pretty crap as a phone apparently, and it is difficult to text and drive with it at the same time (you didn't just read that by the way EDNA). However I am open to persuasion as the iPhone 4 does seem quite good. At the same time I am tempted by some of the Android stuff available, and historically have been a Nokia fan simply because of familiarity with the layout.

I would like something that has push email, access to Facebook and Twitter, and is reliable.

Any suggestions GEEKS?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'm about to get rid of my Nokia N86 as it is falling to bits after two years of being dropped in bars (and bras).

I have to date RESISTED the iPhone, on the grounds that it is pretty crap as a phone apparently, and it is difficult to text and drive with it at the same time (you didn't just read that by the way EDNA). However I am open to persuasion as the iPhone 4 does seem quite good. At the same time I am tempted by some of the Android stuff available, and historically have been a Nokia fan simply because of familiarity with the layout.

I would like something that has push email, access to Facebook and Twitter, and is reliable.

Any suggestions GEEKS?
Iphone ?!?!

Resistance is futile!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As long as its got Words with FRIENDS on it, nothing else matters.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The iPhone is the best piece of kit I've ever bought and I was an early adopter of the mini-disk so I've seen some pretty nifty pieces of technology in my time :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is indeed.
I feel like a bit of a SLUT though, cos I've got 10 games on the go at the moment. Its like coming in and doing my homework.

I never realised you can have MULTIPLES on the go, it's just like being a Mormon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I swear by my HTC Android - it's much cheaper than the iPhone; it integrates better with my office apps (I use Gmail and occasionally Google Docs) and the phone's better - the iPhone has had some well-reported problems with voice calls. It doesn't have the apps library that iPhone has and the touch screen's not so slick but, all in all, it's a better deal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Htc and iPhones are both BRILLIANT phones. iPhone JUST ekes it for me, the new screen is miles sharper than any other phone out there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing to bear in mind is what do you want to connect with. If your normal computer is a Mac, then iPhone is best. If, like me, you use a lot of Google apps, then Android should be your choice. If neither, then it's really what you fancy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here