Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phill Jupitus

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Lee Mack or Mickey Flanagan for me when it comes to stand up.

Big thumbs down for John Bishop, & Russel Howard. I mean, I bet Russel Howard casn't believe his luck that he's earning a living as a stand up. He really is very poor.

Who's the guy from Hove that did the Apollo recently? I saw him at the Komedia a few years back & he was quality. (Does gags about his appearance, especially his slit eyes!)

Is he the one from comedy roadshow who took the piss out of northerner a for being thick? He was quality!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sign of the time unfortunately comedians who are not funny, artist who can't paint, etc but the pretentious critics tells us it creative when it's nothing more than a love in for bell ends and emperors new clothes. But god strike me down as the arty don't accept criticism.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sign of the time unfortunately comedians who are not funny, artist who can't paint, etc but the pretentious critics tells us it creative when it's nothing more than a love in for bell ends and emperors new clothes. But god strike me down as the arty don't accept criticism.

that ****er GOK........wtf is that all about........proper wierdo.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ha ha that made me chuckle. He does look like he should be buying microwave meals for one in Iceland rather than Brie and swan fillets in Waitrose

He would. Be eating out of bins if it wasn't for the likeliehood he has some Polaroids of the DIrector of light programming at the Beeb murdering kittens or something.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He was superb with Terry G at the Crocodile 20 years ago. Tired now but many people are doing the same job for 20+ years

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Personally I think Lee Evan's is amazing. No other comedian could make a crowd of thousands at Wembley laugh consistently for 2 and a half hours, THEN end on a big song and dance number just 'cos he can. He certainly provides more than your monies worth in entertainment, especially when some comedians charge you £40 and are on stage for just over an hour, spooling through a stagnant pre-rehearsed "speech" with very little acknowledgement of the crowd they are supposedly trying to entertain.

They could if the audience is made up of ****ing idiots with no taste.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agree with OP and others....Jupitus, Lenny Henry and to an extent Al Murray are pretty shocking. Like Lee Evans, Russell Howard and loads more. But most of all, can't stand Sean Lock, he thinks is so funny, so far up his own arse its untrue.

Sean Lock is one of the funniest around at the moment. But you list Russell Howard among comedians you like so I think we can safely disregard your opinion.

Dara O'Brien. Now there's an unfunny man. Saying something unfunny and saying "Eeeeerm" at the end of each sentance does not a joke make.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't mind Phill Jupitus - I've never really considered him a comedian in the stand-up mould. More a resident wit.

Regarding NMTB, I don't watch any of those panel shows, so formulaic are they. No-one comes across well on them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't mind Phill Jupitus - I've never really considered him a comedian in the stand-up mould. More a resident wit.

You have to have some "wit" to be a wit, don't you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can add Rory McGrath to the list of unfunny funny men. I would find having my foreskin nailed to a plank of wood funnier than anything McGrath has ever said or done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ITT: people apparently unable to grasp that humour is subjective.

Humour is either funny, or not funny. And Jupitas is the latter.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I like him. He's a music nerd so okay in my book. I also saw him do stand-up years ago in Worthing and he had me in stitches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here