Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville ****

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The way he f***ing let Rui Costa get past him for that 2nd Portugal goal and then try and hang off the back of his shoulders like a child trying to keep up with his mum in the high street was a f***ing joke, at least Heskey got his tackle in during the France game, Phil Neville, you are a ****.

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
i agree. just because i'm looking for a scapegoat. :angry: but you're right...we needed bulldogs and all we got was bullshit!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is Phil Neville really international class? He isn't .....so I'm not at all surprised to see him struggle tonight. We must be able to do better than him in future.

:nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Darius Vasell can feck off with that loser Phil Neville, bloody useless player, no wonder Villa fans think he's shit.. I was actually hoping Heskey would replace him :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's pick an easy target and blame them shall - FFS we went ahead in normal time with a minute left.

The referee was at fault

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Phil is a dickhead, he looked like he wanted to repeat history and f*** it all up like he did against Romania four years ago. I can't stand the little shit, if there's one player that deserves criticism, it is him.:angry:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
One of the problems Engjand have is that whilst, with the exception of Beckham (who imho was appalling the whole tournament) they have a pretty strong first choice midfield, the reserves are really not up to it. I can not believe that there are not better players available to Sven than Neville P and Hargreaves. Both of them are way short of international class. I would be complaining if Neville was being picked for Scotland, that's how bad he is.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
kinkygerbil said:
Hargreaves is a good player

Agreed. Phil Neville on the other hand is not. The midfield were poor and was surely crying out for some creativity, he took Dyer and Joe Cole with him so bloody use them.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Apart from the Rui Costa goal I though P. Neville played alright. He made some good tackles. OK his distribution wasn't up to much (was anybody's) but that isn't what he was brought on for.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Phylis Snivel isnt good enough to start for a has been premiershyte side let alone England . . .just as well his brother played well or their dad .Neville Neville Neville the 3rd would have topped himself :rolleyes:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Neville was the four choice player for that postion.

ledley king went home butt injured hargreaves swapped to gerrards postion.

heskey has more tackling ablity than Nevillie he was shit

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
Since when has vassell been useless??

Before last night, most people were saying he should start ahead of owen and no one can seriously think heskey is better!

NickL said:

Before last night, most people were saying he should start ahead of owen and no one can seriously think heskey is better!

no one seriously would put vassell in front of owen.

vassell is fast and that's it, a utility player and no more.

A few years ago, England had a posse of good strikers.

Now its Owen and ???????????????????
Oh Year and a 18 year old.

lc

Last edited:

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
I agree that he shouldn't start ahead of owen, but i was just highlighting the fact that people were singing his praises after the swiss game and now he's getting slated having recieved no service from midfield last night.
If you want a scapegoat try beckham and co in midfield, they were the ones who bottled it.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
NickL said:

unbelivably they were!! but as i told them vassell is only any good coming on for the last 20 mins of games when he's fresh running at tired defences not in the situation he was in last night

larus

Vassell was absolutely pony last night. Kept giving away free kciks (but quite a few did seem 'Homer' decisions by the ref).

What we needed was someone to hold the ball up - i.e. Heskey, and allow the midfield to catch up.

I though Beckham was crap throughout the whole tournament, whcih is a shame as he worked so hard to get us qualified. Maybe it's personal problems?

As for Terry, last night he had a good game, as did the whole back four. The only real complaint was the inability to keep the ball to take away the pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here