Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phew !! i'm getting dizzy up here looking down on you lot !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So, how do you think our 'Physio' is doing so far then eh?

:D

I realise that this isn't in the spirit of how teh OP intended this thread to go, but .....

I think Southampton and Adkins are doing very well, and I'm pleased for them. I'm also pleased for Dean Hammond who is showing he is far better than a lot of people reckoned when he was with us, and particularly when he left. I had no issue with Dean, and I'm delighted to see him doing so well.

I've never had a particular issue with Southampton either. The "keep up with us" line last season was just stupid, and came back to haunt him as we ran away with teh division, but that alone is nowhere near enough for me to generate the sort of dislike towards them as appears on here regularly.

I'm far more pleased to see that the step up from League One to The Championship is absolutely nothing to worry about. The automatically promoted teams occupying 1st and 5th should be a matter of great confidence for both sides. This division is a step up, but nothing we can't rise to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Southampton fans think it is their right to be in the Premier League hence their ambivilence towards Adkins who is doing no more than they would expect being such a big club surrounded by so many annoying minnows. The fact that he's a nobody rather than a "name" probably doesn't sit well either.

Most outsiders would say he's doing a good job.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
So, how do you think our 'Physio' is doing so far then eh?

:D

A great deal of your self worth is centered around your perceived position in society, so when a more successful rival moves down and you move up relative to them, you have a good reason to be happy. To give an example, imagine you're competing for a spot on a sports team with another guy. Whenever this guy makes a mistake, you're going to be happy about it, because it makes you look better compared to him.

Jealousy is another part of it. When you see someone who appears to be getting all the lucky breaks, who you think you're better than/equal to, it makes you angry.

Insecurity is another part of it. You're constantly comparing yourselves to other people, trying to figure out how you can rationalize your feeling of superiority to everyone else. When you come across someone who seems superior in every way, it makes you question your self worth, and you get depressed. When it turns out that this superior person is actually quite flawed, it brings you out of your depression, and you go back to feeling superior again. An example of this would be your standard internet trash talk. When someone comes along who is more knowledgeable/intelligent than you, you speculate about their lack of social life. If they appear to have a healthy social life, you criticize their sexual prowess, and so on. In the end, you always have to find some little thing to feed your ego with.

In other words, go away sad boy.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I realise that this isn't in the spirit of how teh OP intended this thread to go, but .....

I think Southampton and Adkins are doing very well, and I'm pleased for them. I'm also pleased for Dean Hammond who is showing he is far better than a lot of people reckoned when he was with us, and particularly when he left. I had no issue with Dean, and I'm delighted to see him doing so well.

I've never had a particular issue with Southampton either. The "keep up with us" line last season was just stupid, and came back to haunt him as we ran away with teh division, but that alone is nowhere near enough for me to generate the sort of dislike towards them as appears on here regularly.

I'm far more pleased to see that the step up from League One to The Championship is absolutely nothing to worry about. The automatically promoted teams occupying 1st and 5th should be a matter of great confidence for both sides. This division is a step up, but nothing we can't rise to.

I wholly agree with your post, Saints have done well, though in fairness, much more financially has been committed than the Albion could have / have done. ?

I think what Saints achieve this season will be a marker which perhaps we will be able to follow.

Anyway, good luck to SFC !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Personally, I am quite open and pleased to seeing fans from other teams on NSC. I am not sure what upsets some people so much, am I being thick here?

I would prefer that we just have a civil discussion about the merits or otherwise of our teams, football in general or the fearsome nature of the honey badger etc...

If anything, I would ban people who respond with these knee jerk 'f*** off' type answers.

Views?

It is noticable that the OP has not responded to any of the civil replies that he has received. This is obviously the way forward and fits in well with the family club ethos being instilled at Brighton.
So rather than banning the trolls, bore them with civil and sensible comments. They will soon move on. :)

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Well the OP got 3 pages (and counting) by poking some of you with a stick. I think we need to look at ourselves rather than him!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is noticable that the OP has not responded to any of the civil replies that he has received. This is obviously the way forward and fits in well with the family club ethos being instilled at Brighton.
So rather than banning the trolls, bore them with civil and sensible comments. They will soon move on. :)

Indeed... if they are trolls. If not, hopefully they will engage in an interesting and stimulating exchange of views.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You think you're dizzy now? Wait until you've been top for 38 consecutive games, we know what that's like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here