Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PFA Championship Team of the Year

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Fine by me - keep him under wraps. :whistle:

Absolutely this... If any PL recruitment people are reading this then I can tell you that I have watched Bridcutt play all season AND HE IS RUBBISH. He can't tackle, can't pass, panics in possession, doesn't get on with his team mates or coaches and the fans hate him...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wilf won the POTY as well !
Another feather in the cap for our academy .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Accurate source then. Bogdan was dropped for a while, Lonergan was in the team for a while which happened to coincide with their upturn in form. Happily, Bolton have reinstated him now and they're scrapping for a position they could have sewn up if they'd stuck with the better keeper.

Bogdan :facepalm:

I thought he was injured, not dropped. How are highlights not an accurate source? Attributing Bolton's run of form to a keeper swap doesn't make sense to me, they were winning before the swap and continue to win after he returned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In spite of what ? ..

In spite of was the wrong terminology.

I think you have benefited by being the most successful club in London, behind Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham and Charlton in the Premier League years. Which top clubs produce decent players? None. They buy. Palace are a team that will give players an opportunity to play, because they can't afford to spend big. You're lucky to have a big pool of talent. It's not Crystal Palace that make a decent player.

As an aside, I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of players who could be referred to as top class.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
In spite of was the wrong terminology.

I think you have benefited by being the most successful club in London, behind Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham and Charlton in the Premier League years. Which top clubs produce decent players? None. They buy. Palace are a team that will give players an opportunity to play, because they can't afford to spend big. You're lucky to have a big pool of talent. It's not Crystal Palace that make a decent player.

As an aside, I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of players who could be referred to as top class.

So it's not the scouting and the coaching that makes the player ?
Well f**k me sideways ! Close the academy down, it's not needed anymore. :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So it's not the scouting and the coaching that makes the player ?
Well f**k me sideways ! Close the academy down, it's not needed anymore. :lol:

I'm not suggesting it is not about scouting or coaching. I am merely suggesting that Palace are more likely to produce a decent quality player as they are well placed and offer better opportunities than other London clubs.

Of your recent successes, I can only think of Moses who is making a career for himself in the top flight. Who else?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wilf won the POTY as well !
Another feather in the cap for our academy .

Havent seen him since his was in Wayne Bridge's back pocket on March 17th.....

In fact i dont think hes actually been goo for you since he agreed that United move - makes that £15 Million you got for him look like a great deal, ripped off Fergie massively !!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not suggesting it is not about scouting or coaching. I am merely suggesting that Palace are more likely to produce a decent quality player as they are well placed and offer better opportunities than other London clubs.

Of your recent successes, I can only think of Moses who is making a career for himself in the top flight. Who else?

This is a fact. Palace do like to crow about their young players, but Moses is the only one who's made anything of himself, and only after a spell at Wigan.

There are 7 million people in London, and by the sheer law of averages, it's going to be considerably easier to find high class footballers than it is in less heavily populated areas.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think the team was voted in February so that's why palace have 3 players in it. Trippier is a strange one as he looked absolutely terrible against Lua Lua when we played Burnley away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here