Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol, Tesco-Morrison,s

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
HHSeagull said:
I have been effected by this and my car is currently in the garage waiting for a replacement Oxygen Sensor - the part damaged by the contaminated fuel. The cost of repair is likely to cost me around £200.

I live in Haywards Heath and purchased my 'bad' petrol at an ASDA store in Hollingbury.

I bought the petrol on 14th Feb and it started behaving strangley from the moment I pulled away from the forecourt.

I bet people will come and and say you shouldn't buy petrol from ASDA anyway, because it's probably the shitest quality stuff at the best of times. But being skint, as I always am, the fact that it's at least 3p cheaper to buy it there than anywhere else has always (until now) made it the best option.

I've contacted both Trading Standards and BBC's Watchdog about the problem and intend to get in touch with ASDA tomorrow. However, current news reports suggest that the supermarkets (Tesco & Morrison have also been mentioned) are not taking any responsiblity for the problem at present.

Anyone else had a problem after buying the stuff at ASDA in Hollingbury?

Cheers,

Seagull :angry:

I thought it was just at Tesco or Morrisons?

Or is that where most of the complaints from?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Leekbrookgull said:
Wow,MOWTCHOPS. Thanks. However if this fuel was carried by ship ? Could seawater be leaking into the fuel ? Then when it is pumped out into Tanker-Lorries. Would it get picked-up ? :albion:

would that not cause the ship to sink?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive braught petrol from tesco Holmbush, sainsburys west hove and Waitrose Wolverhampton.

Has anyone else got any 'bad' petrol from there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here