Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol prices

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
When the oil price was on the way up, petrol first hit one pound a litre about the same time that oil hit 100 dollars a barrel.

Now it's come all the way down to 80 dollars, but petrol has only just nudged below a pound a litre again.

Bloody rip-off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rightly or wrongly I don't trust supermarket petrol and only ever use Shell, BP or Texaco

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Rightly or wrongly I don't trust supermarket petrol and only ever use Shell, BP or Texaco

Its the same stuff, the supermarkets don't have there own refineries, they just buy it off the "named" ones where you buy it from.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
By the sounds of it, it will be down towards 90p by the end of the month.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I got mugged at ASDA today then, as it was about 105.9 per litre :censored:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why should they put the prices down? You've all proved you'll pay £1.25 £1.30 a litre so what incentive ha ve they got to reduce them? They'll just knock a few pence off and then pocket the difference whilst fobbing you off with stories of exchage rate fluctuations, refining costs, delivery costs, etc.

Nationalise 'em that's what I say.

The suppliers constantly buy and sell petrol to each other to iron out peaks and troughs in their stocks as petrol is expensive to store. I think it all gets mixed up which is no problem as it's all of the same quality. Do you only trust certain suppliers for your domestic gas?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why should they put the prices down? You've all proved you'll pay £1.25 £1.30 a litre so what incentive ha ve they got to reduce them? They'll just knock a few pence off and then pocket the difference whilst fobbing you off with stories of exchage rate fluctuations, refining costs, delivery costs, etc.

Nationalise 'em that's what I say.

And todays prize for 'I've hit the nail firmly on the head', goes to Brovion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here