Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol is avialable here thread

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Following on I thought this might help people with a head's up in your area.

Shoreham Holmbush - Tesco

20 minute wait but not too bad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or just leave it till tomorrow when it finally dawns on the giant herds of brainless sheep that there is no strike, and you'll be able to get it at any filling station in the county.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Or do what I did last night (bearing in mind I needed fuel and so did my mate's car) is simply go at 10:30pm and enjoy fuel with no queues...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just thought it might help who need to get out today. I did not have a clue so phoned the local taxi firm for the head's up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just thought it might help who need to get out today. I did not have a clue so phoned the local taxi firm for the head's up.

I'm sure you mean well, but I'm also confident there aren't that many people trapped in their own homes because they have no petrol. People who genuinely need to fill up, will have already done so. The vast majority of those queuing don't actually need to fill up, they're just doing it because they're essentially gullible.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I'm sure you mean well, but I'm also confident there aren't that many people trapped in their own homes because they have no petrol. People who genuinely need to fill up, will have already done so. The vast majority of those queuing don't actually need to fill up, they're just doing it because they're essentially gullible.

voice of reason, as always, Edna !!

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
what petrol shortage ??
No shortage of petrol just a load of panicbuyers getting more than usual.
Eastbourne has plenty , Asda is open and have another delivery tomorrow morning at 5am. They have just been caught out by people getting twice as much as they normally get plus pratts filling containers in their boots as well:nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pulborough was fine this morning, filled up, no dramas, will need to fill up again on Monday evening, fingers crossed all the panickers will be over themselves by then.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
what petrol shortage ??
No shortage of petrol just a load of panicbuyers getting more than usual.
Eastbourne has plenty , Asda is open and have another delivery tomorrow morning at 5am. They have just been caught out by people getting twice as much as they normally get plus pratts filling containers in their boots as well:nono:

I hope their houses burn down. That'll learn 'em.

Of course I don't really want lots of fires and people dying just 'cos they went a bit mental over nothing. It's a joke.

Even if they are moronic, fatheaded cretins.

Who deserve it.

I hope their houses burn down. That'll learn 'em.

Of course I don't really want lots of fires and people dying just 'cos they went a bit mental over nothing. It's a joke.

Even if they are moronic, fatheaded cretins.

Who deserve it.

BBC News - Woman seriously burned decanting petrol

Woman seriously burned decanting petrol

A woman suffered serious burns when petrol ignited as she was decanting it in the kitchen of her York home because her daughter had run out of fuel.

The woman, who is in her 40s, suffered 40% burns in the accident on Moorgate in the Acomb area on Thursday evening.

She has been taken to the burns unit at Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield.

A fire service spokesman said: "Her daughter asked her mum for petrol because she had run out. The cooker was on and the fumes ignited."

Station manager Lee Smith, whose Acomb crew attended the fire, said: "The people were cooking their tea and dispensing petrol from a container to a glass jug.

"The vapour then ignited, the jug was then spilt which obviously ignited as well and the person involved in the decanting was consumed by the flames.

"Her daughter phoned 999 and was obviously extremely distressed."

Severe burns

The woman was treated by ambulance personnel in her kitchen before being taken to Pinderfields.

Her condition is not known but a North Yorkshire Fire Service spokesman described the burns as severe.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire in the kitchen and removed the remaining petrol.

A North Yorkshire Fire Service spokesman said: "Members of the public should take extreme care when handling and storing petrol and be aware of the risks associated with incorrect use and storage of fuel.

"Never bring petrol inside your home. If you do smell petrol fumes in a garage or outbuilding ventilate the area and make sure nobody smokes or turns electrical switches on or off. The slightest spark could cause an explosion."

It is not known if the woman had been storing petrol in advance of the threat of industrial action by tanker drivers but news of the dispute was followed days later by government minister Francis Maude advising motorists to fill up jerrycans in case of a strike.

This was subsequently clarified by transport minister Mike Penning who said jerrycans could store 20 litres, more than the amount advised for safe home storage.

North Yorkshire Fire Service on Thursday issued a warning about the storage of petrol at domestic properties.

"Fuel should be stored away from the house in either a shed or a garage, well away from people and anywhere where it might be close to a naked flame or other source of ignition," it said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here