Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol / Diesel syphoning tips

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
After being stitched up by our heating oil supplier, and being unwilling to spend a third night in the cold, I'm planning to borrow a few litres from one of my neighbours (with their permission!).

Whenever I've syphoned anything before, I've always ended up with a mouthful of the stuff, and I'm really keen to avoid it this time.

Anyone ingenious syphoning methods out there?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Get a GIRL to do the sucking.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After being stitched up by our heating oil supplier, and being unwilling to spend a third night in the cold, I'm planning to borrow a few litres from one of my neighbours (with their permission!).

Whenever I've syphoned anything before, I've always ended up with a mouthful of the stuff, and I'm really keen to avoid it this time.

homebrew shops sell a pump action symphon pump for wine racking... they allow you to avoid a mouthful, which with wine is not much of a problem.

http://www.homebrew4u.co.uk/homebrew-equipment/auto-syphon-youngs.asp

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Intersting site where you can buy the pump.

What is this bird supposed to be doing?

girl-pony-tails.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From their forum:

Head Retention:

I did notice (when I had to sample the first batch ) that there was no head retention at all although it did taste good and had fizz.

ooo errr

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006

if you have run out of heating oil you will need a lot more than a few litres to get the system going again!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
From their forum:

Head Retention:

I did notice (when I had to sample the first batch ) that there was no head retention at all although it did taste good and had fizz.

ooo errr

Surely head retention is swallowing...as opposed to spitting!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Be careful to check exactly what the tank contains.. best to drop a match in.. if it goes out its diesel.. if not......

Attachments

• wile e coyote.jpg
    wile e coyote.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 75

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here