Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to BAN Richard Hebbard for 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes that's all very impassioned, but over dramatic bandwagoneering like this whole thread has been.

The banned fan was not "innocent" and I expect he knows it. The reason he was singled out for attention is because he singled himself out from the crowd in an antisocial manner (and against the simple rules).
It is done, to control 'sore thumbs' so that the majority of the fans do not have to put up with someone else's idea of how to behave.
You really ought to be aware of how one person can spoil your experience, and sometimes many others' experience of entertainment. Try sitting next to someone even whispering at a film theatre! This bloke was shouting obscenities...you DO understand that don't you? If allowed to continue, there WILL be others who respond to that, either in similar fashion or in getting agitated against it. Stewards got there first, and nipped that in the bud.
He was sequestered once out of the stand, to avoid drama or unavoidable distraction in the stands and during the game.
HE required that stewards came "out of the background", he made it necessary.
Richard Hebbard has spoken with him, the lad now knows the score, and perhaps the rest of you who rail against it ought to figure it out too. His penitence is not too great and takes care of a situation well enough for all parties.

Those are the facts, and there's so little else to say about this, that I won't post any more about it. Suffice to say that if you really don't comprehend this now, then you aren't going to with any more explanation.

Football is no longer in the dark ages of yob culture, women and children now attend without fear of getting caught up in dangerous situations or ducking from missiles. Past disasters have given attention to the need for correct behavior from clubs and fans, and - just like when you go (and pay) to a night club where you prefer to feel socially protected - trained staff are there to look after the well-behaved majority.

The steward training, by the way, has been increasingly monitored and refined by the authorities, to City and Guilds standards. Our stewards carry out the rules they are trained for, and many hold National Vocational Qualifications, or further Security certifications.
This is all for the fans' benefit, even though you occasionally will not agree with the carrying-out of their duties.

The End

I assume you are either Richard himself, or someone working as a steward? Well get the f*** over yourself. You seem to forget that the club, and football generally, is nothing without the fans. The pathetic heavy handed tactics enforced by the "response team", or whatever the f*** they are called are embarrassing to watch, but worse than that, they get in the way of the match MUCH MUCH MORE than the odd fan standing up, or swearing. Football is about passion, try and remember that please.

This might be a bit hard to take, but you, and the other stewards are not the most important people at Withdean on a Saturday afternoon, we the fans are. I am not denying you need to be there, but when you make such an effort to be the center of attention you are going to get people's backs up.

The actions of the stewards in the south stand are driving people away from Withdean, and destroying any atmosphere there was once at the place. Show a bit if common sense and let the fans who have forked out ridiculous amounts of money over the last 10 years try and enjoy the last season at the place.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who is this man?

I've been a season ticket holder and a regular poster on NSC, and I have no idea who he is.

Anyone able to elaborate?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bloke with grey hair and sunglasses that has a different florescent jacket than everyone else that reads his job title, "cheif steward". often stands and plots behind the dugout.

Ah ok, I know who everyone is talking about now!

steve-c

signed, at wembly on friday night large sections of the crowd stood , sung ect, were left alone by stewards , as they wernt causing a danger,just enjoying the match and creating an atmosphere, the england supporters band stood , wernt told to sit and play their instruments, the trumbone player would of bashed the person in front if he had to sit. My point being if it's ok to stand at wembly and get an atmosphere , why not at Hebberd's libary, we the fans need to claim back our club, and get vocal and show the club , we can be vocal without being dangerous,( although some people are tone deaf lol)

Oct 11, 2005
London
Yes that's all very impassioned, but over dramatic bandwagoneering like this whole thread has been.

The banned fan was not "innocent" and I expect he knows it. The reason he was singled out for attention is because he singled himself out from the crowd in an antisocial manner (and against the simple rules).

This is very interesting. So according to you, Steve was not innocent? and you were sitting in the NORTH stand? I was sitting BEHIND him and I believe he did absolutely nothing wrong.

By the way, I find your avatar more offensive than anything anyone's ever shouted in E Block.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The banned fan was not "innocent" and I expect he knows it.

What evidence do you have to claim Mouth was 'not innocent' (sic) I would like to know, it would help a lot of people understand why the stewards took what seamed a heavy handed appraoch against an individual fan.

Were the stewards that were jostling Mouth around the exit, at the end of the game causing both scuffles with fans and an unpleasant scene in front of thousands of exiting fans (including children) also innocent of any wrong doing, what evidence (Police were filming) do we have to support this.

Bloke with grey hair and sunglasses that has a different florescent jacket than everyone else that reads his job title, "cheif steward". often stands and plots behind the dugout.

That isn't Richard Hebbard, and neither is NMH. I love that you lot are bitching and moaning about someone and you have no idea who they even are!

NMH IS a steward. Richard Hebbard does read and occasionally post here, but is not NMH.

If the stewards had cause to single this bloke out and it escalated then I assume they would have had to report it. Fans have been given short bans before for bad behaviour so if the report was for a similar offence why would this bloke get different treatment? It will come down to the stewards word against his. You lot and your ridiculous petition and posturing don't mean shit. The club have to be seen to back their stewards and always will, unless the chief steward, or Mr Hebbard, or someone senior within the club see the stewards doing the wrong thing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That isn't Richard Hebbard, and neither is NMH. I love that you lot are bitching and moaning about someone and you have no idea who they even are!

NMH IS a steward. Richard Hebbard does read and occasionally post here, but is not NMH.

If the stewards had cause to single this bloke out and it escalated then I assume they would have had to report it. Fans have been given short bans before for bad behaviour so if the report was for a similar offence why would this bloke get different treatment? It will come down to the stewards word against his. You lot and your ridiculous petition and posturing don't mean shit. The club have to be seen to back their stewards and always will, unless the chief steward, or Mr Hebbard, or someone senior within the club see the stewards doing the wrong thing.

Yes and since I haven't attended this season I can't really comment on what the fan did or didn't do. I'd imagine 99% of the people here can't either.

However, although I too got pissed off with the antics of H Block and generally took the stewards' side - I also made the observation that the tactics to deal with the problem were actually making it worse.

Install some more CCTV on the opposite side of the ground if that helps, but staring people out and pointing is only going to make the situation worse.

I know this is slightly off the point, but people stand in that area to deliberately wind up the stewards. I wonder whether a softly softly approach would leave them a little bored.

It's a means to an end at the end of day and the current tactics obviously aren't working.

As for this swearing incident (if it happened), I'd imagine in retrospect a public telling off and a very public letting back to the seat would have worked much better.

In actual fact, an announcement over the tannoy wouldn't do any harm:

"This is a public decency announcement, would the person in seat XXX kindly refrain from using the F and C word until they have left the ground. Failing to do so may result in your arse being towed away."

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I think it was the last few posters who didn't know who this was...the contents of the other thread has proven people know the difference between NMH and Mr Hebbard.

Posting things like "you lot" and " your ridiculous petition and posturing don't mean shit" is a rather unfortunate view. Many a time before has a sentiment expressed on NSC become reality - whether you agree with it or not. Which I don't but you seemed to have tarred everyone with the same brush?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
In actual fact, an announcement over the tannoy wouldn't do any harm:

"This is a public decency announcement, would the person in seat XXX kindly refrain from using the F and C word until they have left the ground. Failing to do so may result in your arse being towed away."

I like that - very English :lol:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Surely he only bans people on the advice and evidence of the stewards involved?

also, i don't particularly give a shit that some bloke i don't know got banned for 2 WHOLE games.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Surely he only bans people on the advice and evidence of the stewards involved?

also, i don't particularly give a shit that some bloke i don't know got banned for 2 WHOLE games.

Fair enough, but would you may give a **** if you had a disagrement with any of the cubs officals or staff and had no course for regresse.

I really do not mind if people are banned for good reasons, but I would like to think the club could demonstrate the reasons and have a clear and transparent process.

I mean you even get that on here..

I think it was the last few posters who didn't know who this was...the contents of the other thread has proven people know the difference between NMH and Mr Hebbard.

Clearly, as many people have actually said on this thread that they have no idea who he is, people DON'T know who he is. I was pointing out for clarity for the people reading THIS thread that RH is not the chief steward and nor is he NMH.

Posting things like "you lot" and " your ridiculous petition and posturing don't mean shit" is a rather unfortunate view. Many a time before has a sentiment expressed on NSC become reality - whether you agree with it or not. Which I don't but you seemed to have tarred everyone with the same brush?

Of course things that have kicked off here have resulted in changes, but this is ridiculous. I assume you think I'm tarring you with my brush as it were, and having just read your post on here no I'm not, and I thought that would be pretty obvious. I know you're not an idiot so I'm guessing you're just looking for a rise?

I really do not mind if people are banned for good reasons, but I would like to think the club could demonstrate the reasons and have a clear and transparent process.

I mean you even get that on here..

What makes you think they don't? Is it just because you have never fallen foul of it? As Magoo said, he will act on the evidence and advice of the team involved, the bloke can't be everywhere and see everything!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Your support for the stewarding is quite impressive, Mr Stunt Arse.

However, the only 'escalation' of this was prompted by the complete lack of respect for a fan who has been a Withdean STH since the first season. I'd suggest treating your most loyal customers well does mean 'shit'.. otherwise you'll start to lose them.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What makes you think they don't? Is it just because you have never fallen foul of it? As Magoo said, he will act on the evidence and advice of the team involved, the bloke can't be everywhere and see everything!

If they did, I would imagine It would have been brought to my attention by this forum. Unless you can show where they show this evidence. One person has quoted the person banned (Mouth) was not innocent, he appears to work for the club, so why not state what it was based on.

Your right I have never fallen foul of any of the rules and fully support the clubs campaigns to stop offensive behaviour, I go to football to watch the game.

The only time I have ever seen this first hand was the debarcle last year of picking up tickets when a large crowd missed a goal queing to pick up tickets. Ken Brown got quite agressive with fans and got stewards involved, I never got a reply from the club about this and was shocked about how customers were treated.

I will repeat again I only know fans like Mouth and Krispies by sight and seeing them many times, home, away and at the cricket I was shocked to here and see them being banned and jostled by 'the authoritys'. I am curious to hear and see why the club have done this and what redress exsists if this ever happens to me or anyone else I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here