Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Freedom of choice, he can do what he wants

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm not sure how well it will work tbh ??? Don't get me wrong, I really like DW, but will he be able to face coaching the team everyday without any of the power he used to have over them? I just can't see it working I'm afraid :nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hope he will stay for sure. Micky and Dean is a dream time, and I still hope that sometime in ther future Dean will get the chance to continue to be a great manager for this club, rather than somewhere else.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Hope he can stay - he definately deserves to stay - Surely he is the only person that has been at the club for so long - even longer than the current board !! Dean is Brighton through and through and that has showed over the past 20months

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
As much as I sympathise with the sentiments behind this thread I really can't see Dean Wilkins taking up the offer from the chairman, and I think that his mind was made up as soon as he learned that he was to be replaced as manager. Having said that Dean is his own man and can be unpredictable at times, but I don't think so this time.

Further more I can't see Ian Chapman continuing with the Albion. He is a guy with a great deal of determination and a sense of what is proper. He is tremendously loyal to those who show confidence in his ability. He would not want his action to show any disrespect to Micky Adams, but I do expect him to walk away. Dean Wilkins brought him to the club to be his assistant, and I think that if Welly stayed he would view that as an act of betrayal to DW.

I expect the management team for next season to consist of Micky Adams, Dean White, Bob Booker and Alan Cork. I could be tempted to put money on it.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm not sure how well it will work tbh ??? Don't get me wrong, I really like DW, but will he be able to face coaching the team everyday without any of the power he used to have over them? I just can't see it working I'm afraid :nono:

Good point, well made.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I hope he will stay for sure. Micky and Dean is a dream time, and I still hope that sometime in ther future Dean will get the chance to continue to be a great manager for this club, rather than somewhere else.

seconded

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like him to stay but I ain't gonna beg or expect him to stay if he feels he can't.

Fow what's it's worth, I doubt we'll ever have another manager who is as Albion through and through and whatever he decides to do he has my thanks for what he has done.

I know this subject is very easy to enter into discussion about, there HAVE been other threads purely for that purpose.

Can you keep to the thread subject matter, and if you have other thoughts and takes on the matter, take 'em to another thread please?

"Petition for Dean Wilkins to stay working for The Albion"
Thanks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know this subject is very easy to enter into discussion about, there HAVE been other threads purely for that purpose.

Can you keep to the thread subject matter, and if you have other thoughts and takes on the matter, take 'em to another thread please?

"Petition for Dean Wilkins to stay working for The Albion"
Thanks.

Dingle2coKerry.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here