Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough United owner MacAnthony reassures fans f his financial commitment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will upset a few on here but if Palace get relegated they will be a force next year simply because somebody will pay next to nothing for them and then invest some money in players and probably a new manager possibly Coppell. I expect Peterboriugh to be in or near the play offs because of Gary Johnson their manager who is very good at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So no one is worried...

It says in the article that he will spend whatever it takes to win the league. And 2M on transfer fees in the Championship is a fairly decent budget (if that's transfer fees rather than wages, which it sounds as though it is).

No - he'll spend what HE THINKS it will take to win the league...

And he will underestimate it, then sack Johnson when they're not in the top 6 by Christmas.

*cough* :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously Southampton will start as favourites next season, but is it really the shoo-in that everyone seems to think? A bad start, an injury to fat Ricky (or one or two others) and they might be fighting for a play-off spot.
:thumbsup:

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Love It!!

Just to confirm i was not loving the man with the thumbs up, i was loving the quote above the thumbs up. Glad i got that off my chest

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Excuse me if I don't wager any money on any predictions by Hurstpierpoint Seagulls predictions for next year :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Excuse me if I don't wager any money on any predictions by Hurstpierpoint Seagulls predictions for next year :lolol:

County will struggle as they need to get rid of all of their big names, I expect Rochdale to struggle, if Bournmouth come up with an embargo they will definately struggle.
Yes, an absolutely first class post there. :lolol:

And here are his thoughts on Peterborough:
They wont threaten next season.
:lolol:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Well done on the Johnson bit.

He didn't underestimate it by a lot though did he? If they had Fergerson throughout the season then who knows what would have happened. Thankfully they didn't.

Nevertheless League One hasn't been as tough as I thought it would be. Mainly because we're so f***ing good!

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I do not believe there is any chance we will be near the top 2 next year. We need a lot of investment and it will take a while to get through the dreaded "gelling" period. A playoff push is the absolute best I expect next year but in reality I think we'll be the upper side of mid table.

I am not going to make the mistake I did last season and expect a huge improvement

You made a mistake the season before too? Blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here