Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough United owner MacAnthony reassures fans f his financial commitment

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is, as ever, but there's nothing in that article that means its more so. If he thinks £2m is a big budget in the Championship, then I don't think we have much to fear.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I dont think it will be that tough.Southampton will be good,but take out one, possibly 2 of Millwall & Leeds and i cant see a lot too worry about.You are still going to have all the Yeovil's,Bristol Rovers,Walsall's etc etc who will just be average again.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont think it will be that tough.Southampton will be good,but take out one, possibly 2 of Millwall & Leeds and i cant see a lot too worry about.You are still going to have all the Yeovil's,Bristol Rovers,Walsall's etc etc who will just be average again.

Either palace or sheff wed will be right up the top, plus the 3 teams who wont go up from the play offs you would expect to all be strong, soton will also be up there, that leaves one play off spot that isn't immediately obvious. I think MK will be average again, leeds could well sell and not replace, swindon have a couple of key players out of contract,I think colchester will do well again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Southampton should be there or thereabouts. If Leeds blow it again they will be up there. It will not be easy

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Sheffield Wednesday and Crystal Palace have no money. The other clubs coming down Plymouth and Peterborough and all the promoted teams will not worry us and the usual League 1 also runs will not have the stamina or the players to stop us from place number 2 behind Southampton.

Norwich and two from Millwall, Leeds, Charlton and Huddersfield will go up this year.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So no one is worried...

But a lot of people were not worried the last couple of years and look where we are. That mentality is the exact reason why we are where we are.

It is, as ever, but there's nothing in that article that means its more so. If he thinks £2m is a big budget in the Championship, then I don't think we have much to fear.

It says in the article that he will spend whatever it takes to win the league. And 2M on transfer fees in the Championship is a fairly decent budget (if that's transfer fees rather than wages, which it sounds as though it is).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It says in the article that he will spend whatever it takes to win the league. And 2M on transfer fees in the Championship is a fairly decent budget (if that's transfer fees rather than wages, which it sounds as though it is).

No - he'll spend what HE THINKS it will take to win the league...

And he will underestimate it, then sack Johnson when they're not in the top 6 by Christmas.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Sheffield Wednesday and Crystal Palace have no money. The other clubs coming down Plymouth and Peterborough and all the promoted teams will not worry us and the usual League 1 also runs will not have the stamina or the players to stop us from place number 2 behind Southampton.

Norwich and two from Millwall, Leeds, Charlton and Huddersfield will go up this year.

Wasn't Norwich supposed to be broke too? Look how well that turned out. Frankly, we can earmark a top-two slot to Wednesday or Palace right now just based on recent histories. And Southampton, if they don't actually catch up and make it in this year.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Big thing in their favour in Johnson, quality manager at this level and knows how to get out of it. Given a few quid think they might be up there

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The day we seriously worry about Peterborough is a sad day for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Maybe in the middle of the Withdean years, or during excile in Kent. Not now with Mr Bloom on board and Falmer springing up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously Southampton will start as favourites next season, but is it really the shoo-in that everyone seems to think? A bad start, an injury to fat Ricky (or one or two others) and they might be fighting for a play-off spot.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I do not believe there is any chance we will be near the top 2 next year. We need a lot of investment and it will take a while to get through the dreaded "gelling" period. A playoff push is the absolute best I expect next year but in reality I think we'll be the upper side of mid table.

I am not going to make the mistake I did last season and expect a huge improvement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here