Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough United have to be top insists George Boyd

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I agree with a number of the above posts. This clash will be trully mouthwatering. A massive test for our back four and kishishev as our defensive midfielder. There gonna have there work cut out with McLean, Boyd and mackail-smith. Personally I'd like to see Murray up top on his own and a five man midfielder. Winning the battle in the middle of the park is going to be key to getting a result from them. That said have Peterborough played anyone in the top 6 yet? I certainly don't think they will have come up against a back four as good as Painter,Greer,El Abd and Calderon yet. And if you look at some of the sides that have put a few goals past them in recent weeks than they must be extremely vunerable at the back. Can't wait to see what havoc Bennett and Lua Lua will cause. It certainly has the makings of a memorable Albion away day. I can't wait for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
That said have Peterborough played anyone in the top 6 yet?

Lost to Bournemouth 5-1
Beat Huddersfield 4-2 from 2 down
Beat Oldham 5-2 from 2 down
Beat Carlisle 0-1
Beat MK Dons 2-1
3 of the 4 losses to teams that are in bottom half

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
we all agree that their forwards are a class act, i remember them tearing us apart at Withdean. We have quite a good record at London Road.Should be great support. I think this will bea true test if our ability as i expect the popsh to be in the top 3 all season. lets get the 3 points from Yeovil first.
Will be watching the scores from a far in Gran Canaria.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is it scary if Peterboro' tighten up their defence? Surely they are scoring so many as they have a gung ho attitude to the game and have the forwards to score more than the opposition. I wouldn't imagine changing their game plan is a high priority. It is working thus far.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is certainly a mouthwatering tie, but then as a Posh fan any game against whoever is at the moment feels like that.
We just never know what to expect...other than goals goals goals :laugh:
very few would argue that we have the best strickeforce in the league however we conceeded far too many.
There is no doubt our attacking nature that leads us exposed however there have been a few, what you might decribe as unlucky slips and of the like that we have been puniched for and these are more freak incidents that can happen to any defender and hopefully we will see less of them.
I hope the game lives up to its expectation.
Enjoy everyone, and if anyone see's the car thats got both a Brighton and Posh shirt on display give us a toot as yes I live down here.... Should be interesting journey with my out and out Brighton mate.

Roll on January and my home, away game !!!! :laugh:

look out for that steam-roller behind you its called the Albion front-line
enjoy the game

POSHTHRUNTHRU

Oct 22, 2010
So what is the word from the Peterborough fans about next week's match?

Are the Posh boys confident, or has word how Brighton play reached them?

Word from me being a Posh fan is who Knows what to expect ?

We have played for small periods in games this season for small periods of time and absolutely crucified teams , being 2 goals down at home to Oldham and Huddersfield and winning 4-2 and 5-2 respectively and the first twenty minutes against Swindon last week 3 -0 up and probably the best football i have seen in 30 years of watching Posh, then we swithch off and you cant uunderstand why .

We have also dropped silly points against Tranmere away and Hartlepool but in both games were without our key midfield partnership off McCann and Weslowski , Mc Cann is now fir and Weslowski will be for next weekend . So that should make a big difference to us .

Mackail Smith is on fire at the minute but its not just his goal scoring he runs and hassles for 90 minutes ofg every game and i really dont know where he gets his energy from . One things for sure your defenders will know they have been in a game afterwards despite ths scoreline .

Should be a great game and hope that all of you that come down have a good day apart from taking the 3 points back with you .

I predict us to sneak it 2 1 with Mackail Smith and Boyd scoring for us . :rave:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Peterborough, f***ing Peterborough. One year in the Championship & all of a sudden they're big time!
Please f*** off.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Didn't excactly set the world alight in the championship last season ???
And struggling for form in recent weeks, but he's worth the admission price when he puts it all together.

We're a speedboat holed below the waterline, it's just hard to predict when we'll finally sink.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
They score most of their goals at home in a stadium that is 90% home fans
how will they react to playing against the team who are top of the league who will be roared on by 3000+ away fans.

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
Peterborough, f***ing Peterborough. One year in the Championship & all of a sudden they're big time!
Please f*** off.

For two days ive been on here. Enjoying the banter, chatting with decent people, but there's always one aint there.
Ive not seen one mention of championship, big or time. Just mutal agreement on what is building to be a great match, excellent atmosphere. and answering a few questions about pubs to make it an away day to remember whatever the outcome.
Hope there are a few out there that agree???

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
So what is the word from the Peterborough fans about next week's match?

Are the Posh boys confident, or has word how Brighton play reached them?

It really has got to the point where we do not know what to expect...really dont!!

With the strikeforce got to be confident of scoring although its all to evident we conceed a few.

We see your defence has been solid and I hear they tend be involved with the steady build up before the ball quickly moves through the midfield.

I think you'll see your defenders having to put there feet through the ball a bit more with the pressure from CMS and Mclean.

Really is set for a great game...cant wait!!

Enjoy everyone!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For two days ive been on here. Enjoying the banter, chatting with decent people, but there's always one aint there.
Ive not seen one mention of championship, big or time. Just mutal agreement on what is building to be a great match, excellent atmosphere. and answering a few questions about pubs to make it an away day to remember whatever the outcome.
Hope there are a few out there that agree???

All clubs have an element of idiots supporting them, and this is the internet. Pay no attention to the idiots. We're looking forward to a cracking game of football with your lot, and it should be a brilliant day out.

Unlike the freezing cold tuesday night and the dreadful 0-0 draw we played out last time!

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
All clubs have an element of idiots supporting them, and this is the internet. Pay no attention to the idiots. We're looking forward to a cracking game of football with your lot, and it should be a brilliant day out.

Unlike the freezing cold tuesday night and the dreadful 0-0 draw we played out last time!

Very true NE. And everyone else has been brilliant on here.

Was there that Tuesday night... Really hard for me all that way from Brighton to Peterborough for a 0-0 home game :facepalm:

Especially how the game started. But thats whats happens when you dont make the most of it and take chances.

Hope its a better specticle this time... I cant see how its not going to be

Enjoy your day!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here