Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterboro Chairman: Behind the scenes on CMS move to Brighton

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
To be fair their chairman could hardly say "he's left because he couldn't get out of this shithole quick enough". It's much easier to break to fans if you can blame money. I suspect that Peterborough's fans see (rightly or wrongly) a move to Brighton as much more sideways than a move to Leicester.

well he admitted that he wanted to join Leicester and West Ham as theres a good chance they will be top flight again next year, and the fact the lads a hammers fan aswell, just stinks that this is all about money. Im not moaning as his a good player but just stinks of a money deal.

And i feel sad for some of our fans who really think we are going to win the league this season.

well he admitted that he wanted to join Leicester and West Ham as theres a good chance they will be top flight again next year, and the fact the lads a hammers fan aswell, just stinks that this is all about money. Im not moaning as his a good player but just stinks of a money deal.

And i feel sad for some of our fans who really think we are going to win the league this season.

I don't believe that we could offer enough extra in wages to make it worth his while signing for us ahead of those two, especially accounting for the contrast in living costs between Leicester and Brighton. I can only guess (and it has been suggested already on here) that it's in fact down to his desire for guaranteed first team football - we'll build the team around him here; would he have that at the other two clubs?

SkankieBiscuit

Nov 2, 2009

Who p*ssed on your bonfire???? Jesus cheer up!! This is one of the best transfers that the club have done and your just moaning about only here for money, not gonna win the league etc, etc... Maybe we won't win the league but then you probably thought that at the beginning of last season!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The best bit was Leicester were in the driving seat but SVEN WAS ON HOLIDAY!!! What's the phrase? You snooze you lose?

Heady days.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;4203909 said:
In TB's language that would be :

Brighton - Bet (limp)

Leicester - Raise

West Ham - Call

Birmingham - Fold

Wolves - Fold

Brighton - Raise

West Ham - Fold

Leicester - Call

Brighton's full house beats Leicesters three of a kind :)

Nearly! Brighton can't raise a raise, its a call to match Leicesters bid or if you accept ours was 'better' it's a re-raise, then showdown & We win the pot

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Who p*ssed on your bonfire???? Jesus cheer up!! This is one of the best transfers that the club have done and your just moaning about only here for money, not gonna win the league etc, etc... Maybe we won't win the league but then you probably thought that at the beginning of last season!

He's a West Ham fan and he's feeling confused. Or should I say 'his'?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

And this comes from the poster who has 669 posts since joining a month ago.....you wanna talk sad fella, that's around 26 posts a day, every day for a month.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
İbrahim Tatlıses;4203909 said:
In TB's language that would be :

Brighton - Bet (limp)

Leicester - Raise

West Ham - Call

Birmingham - Fold

Wolves - Fold

Brighton - Raise

West Ham - Fold

Leicester - Call

Brighton's full house beats Leicesters three of a kind :)

This is very good. Almost as good as the chess drug stash analogy on The Wire.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
DMAC102
Hat's off to Bloom boys and their Chief Exec, they did business fast and in classy manner. Posh will come back from this. I promise!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That's very good. I think all transfer dealings should be explained like that. You could also have added that Palace never made the final table.

Naah, Palace don't do poker...snap and happy families is more their thing!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

If you read most of NG's West ham-obsessed posts you will realise he's probably a little gutted that CMS has joined albion...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loved the bit where he says he gets the impression after talking to Leicester and West Ham and not signing that CMS always wanted to come here. Now that is the sort of player that this clubs needs :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here