Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Walton Embarrassment or Cheat?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
After seeing that refs performance on the limited highlights shown, I can't make my mind up if he's an embarrassment to the game, or an out and out cheat.

Going by what Marcus Painter said after the game, that the linesman told him it wasn't a penatly, yet got over ruled, I have to think there has to be something more to it.

FFS the player didn't even go down in the box, he was sitting outside it with his feet in it, after Dunk came from behind him.

I really really hope the Albion kick up a big fuss about this, because either he's not fit to ref anymore, or he's a cheat. The Calderon pen didnt look like a pen, but you can understand that, its 50/50 but the first pen, proves hes not fit for purpose, and if he does swear at the players as Painter claimed, I really hope the Albion kick up a storm about it.

FA will bury its head though and back the ref all the way, and then wonder why others refs get so much abuse.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
He's been a top flight referee for years and one of Englands best.

He had a terrible day at the office today.

The chances of him being a cheat are 0%.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
And that's a prem ref too, disgrace. I do think that we were lucky to get away without conceding a couple of other pens.

Had our manager and assistant manager not been such twats over the last couple of days I think we may well have approached the FA about that decision.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And that's a prem ref too, disgrace. I do think that we were lucky to get away without conceding a couple of other pens.

Had our manager and assistant manager not been such twats over the last couple of days I think we may well have approached the FA about that decision.
How have they been twats? Poyet spoke his mind, and I for one agree with what he said about Evera.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He's been a top flight referee for years and one of Englands best.

He had a terrible day at the office today.

The chances of him being a cheat are 0%.
Thats more than a bad day at the office. The linesmen told the players it wasn't a pen, the ref has overruled him, and must have clearly seen the player sitting outside the box. Theres more to that than a terrible decission.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

I don't think Gus Poyet:bowdown: said anything wrong its just the timing wasn't great.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Thats more than a bad day at the office. The linesmen told the players it wasn't a pen, the ref has overruled him, and must have clearly seen the player sitting outside the box. Theres more to that than a terrible decission.

He made a mistake.

It happens.

I made a mistake which cost me £250 today. I was gutted, but I have to live with it.

I've seen Walton loads of time on the telly and he's always been one of the better, letting the game flow sort of ref.

He thought the foul was inside the box, he was wrong.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He made a mistake.

It happens.

I made a mistake which cost me £250 today. I was gutted, but I have to live with it.

I've seen Walton loads of time on the telly and he's always been one of the better, letting the game flow sort of ref.

He thought the foul was inside the box, he was wrong.
Mistakes do happen. In football all the time. But in this case he overruled his linesman, and the player was clearly not even in the area after he was fouled. I cannot see how it can be a normal simple mistake.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

So in what way has Tanno been a twat over the last couple of days?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So in what way has Tanno been a twat over the last couple of days?

Swearing at a referee, regardless of the shitness of the original decision, and leaving his team mates to face the league leaders with ten men?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

What? How many times have you heard a team appealing to the FA over a penalty decision?? Or a red card for foul & abusive language? Good grief. The only time that gets rescinded is in mistaken identity cases & that's clearly not happening here.

The referee made a really poor mistake, that's all. Maybe more than one. Bad day at the office for him. Several of our players had bad days at the office too. Move on.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
What? How many times have you heard a team appealing to the FA over a penalty decision?? Or a red card for foul & abusive language? Good grief. The only time that gets rescinded is in mistaken identity cases & that's clearly not happening here.

The referee made a really poor mistake, that's all. Maybe more than one. Bad day at the office for him. Several of our players had bad days at the office too. Move on.

Are you shitting me, a bad mistake? Were not talking about a foul in the penalty area whereby we couldnt conclude whether a foul was made. We are talking about two (prem officials) deciding between them, that has conclusively proven a foul about 2-3 yards outside of the box is a penalty.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Are you shitting me, a bad mistake?

A strange response?

Are you shitting me?

What does it actually mean?

Is this how the youth speak to one another?

Gone are the days of calling someone a benny!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Fact is Dunk and Greer are trying these little pulls and nudges too much for my liking. Refs do notice this kind of thing and it builds up in their heads until they think to themselves "next time I'll give it". It caught up with us this time. End of.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
After seeing that refs performance on the limited highlights shown, I can't make my mind up if he's an embarrassment to the game, or an out and out cheat.

Going by what Marcus Painter said after the game, that the linesman told him it wasn't a penatly, yet got over ruled, I have to think there has to be something more to it.
Cheat Tanno was right
FFS the player didn't even go down in the box, he was sitting outside it with his feet in it, after Dunk came from behind him.

I really really hope the Albion kick up a big fuss about this, because either he's not fit to ref anymore, or he's a cheat. The Calderon pen didnt look like a pen, but you can understand that, its 50/50 but the first pen, proves hes not fit for purpose, and if he does swear at the players as Painter claimed, I really hope the Albion kick up a storm about it.

FA will bury its head though and back the ref all the way, and then wonder why others refs get so much abuse.

Cheat Tanno was right

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I believe yesterday was comic relief for refs. What with the idiot at our game, and the ref at the DW, letting that corner go, it's no wonder people moan about inconsistency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here