Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Thorne

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its no suprise he left cardiff, what with alan lee being the ULTIMATE target man

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
thorne is great, when he is fit. TLB is spot on, as thornie is injury prone he is a risk in having him.

if he is fit, he is able to fire any club from league 1 back to the CC. and he is a great guy, one of the all-time favourites at ninian park.

but on another note, we heard he signed for notts.co.....???

From the little I have seen of Thorne playing for Cardiff (I think he got a pen against us) and for Norwich, I think GNW is much better.

At Carrow Road in February, I think he was even booed by the home support after missing a good chance against us. There was a demo of home fans after the game and I asked a few why they were in such a bad mood, and they were none too complimentary of Thorne amid their denunciations of Worthington.

Of course they could be just hotheaded fans scapegoating a player but he certainly did not play well that night.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
From the little I have seen of Thorne playing for Cardiff (I think he got a pen against us) and for Norwich, I think GNW is much better.

At Carrow Road in February, I think he was even booed by the home support after missing a good chance against us. There was a demo of home fans after the game and I asked a few why they were in such a bad mood, and they were none too complimentary of Thorne amid their denunciations of Worthington.

Of course they could be just hotheaded fans scapegoating a player but he certainly did not play well that night.

Thorne is proven at League one level and I think Norwich may have been a step to fair for him.

You may have been right about the scapegoat though.

The only issue i have with gnw is injury.
If Both were signed I would be very happy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:

I think Norwich fans are used to having far better strikers than Thorne.
With the CACK we get down here, Thorne would look like Shevchenko to us.

Easy 10 said:
I think Norwich fans are used to having far better strikers than Thorne.
With the CACK we get down here, Thorne would look like Shevchenko to us.

Fair enough, that must be why I think GNW looked like ADRIANO for us then :jester:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My mate actually apologised in advance. How old is Thorne? I think he might be worth a season, if he can head the ball well and hold it up he could be a good asset to the team.

Oct 25, 2003
he's far better than anything we have, has the perfect experience for the (good) but inexperienced ckr, gatting, robinson

unfortunately he is probably a bit out of our price range and, on previous form, will get injured a lot, and therefore maybe a risk

what the hell, go for in MCGHEE, you have my permision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here