Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
boo or clap tomorrow ?

I will be mainly on the fence and do neither.

Inherited the promotion team and got us over the line , walked out because some say he knew we were destined for relagation.
Did he improve his CV more than the team.

Have no feelings , why have I posted ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ignore.

Still can't really make my mind up about his legacy, but disappointed with the manner of his departure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won't be there but I'm grateful to him :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Taylor

BarrelofFun said:
It was meant to be rheotrical, but he did the job he was paid to do and got us promoted. For that I am thankful.

Didn't he lamp a photographer? (Not rheotical this time)

That is a good point, I care now so I will clap him whilst booing

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Taylor

BarrelofFun said:
It was meant to be rheotrical, but he did the job he was paid to do and got us promoted. For that I am thankful.

Didn't he lamp a photographer? (Not rheotical this time)

Thats the thing, the key signing that year was Jnr Lewis. he freed up chippy to create more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Taylor

KinkyGoehring said:
Thats the thing, the key signing that year was Jnr Lewis. he freed up chippy to create more.

Simon Morgan was the most important signing that season, not a Taylor signing though

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Inherited the promotion team , yeh and had 34 league games left, not 4.

Peter Taylor has the best record as a manager in Albion's history FACT.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Yes he did lamp a photographer for doing nothing more than taking his picture as he tried to scuttle off from the training ground for the last time without so much as a "see ya" to anyone but the players.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sully said:
Ignore.

Still can't really make my mind up about his legacy, but disappointed with the manner of his departure.
He won us a championship - a feat only previously achieved for us by Billy Lane, Archie Macaulay (need to double-check) and Micky Adams. That sounds a pretty good legacy to me.

Last edited:

I will clap. He left because he knew that the funds that were going to be made available to him would not be enough to keep us in the division. Football is a dog eat dog business and Taylor knew that if he had stayed with inadequate resources he may have been sacked after having a bad start. He left because he didn't want the same stigma attached to him after he left Leicester.
He has also on a number of occasions in the press, radio and televison championed the cause of Falmer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just hope that if he responds in a mild-mannered vaguely-humourous way to the chants of 'Should Have Stayed With a Big Club' that the South Stand don't embarrass themselves by coming over all offended in the style of The Self Righteous Brothers out of Harry Enfield. 'Oi! Taylor! NO!!!' :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here