Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor fired by Ipswich

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure Taylor would love to have played attacking football when he was here. If he had we'd have got relegated not promoted :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No thank-you. Mind you that was one of the oddest incidents - at the home championship game when this Albion supporter stood up in earshot of the dugout and launched a vitriolic attack on Taylor's tactics - and had to be reminded we were just about to win the League.

I remember that. A character who calls himself 'The Mouth'.

Home to Swindon - we were being presented with the trophy that afternoon - it was a dull game, and he just stood up and screamed 'f*** sake Taylor, this is f***ing shit...'

That was as far as he got before he got shouted down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Taylor would rather LOSE 1-0 than WIN 3-2.
If we're getting someone in lets just do it properly and get Coppell, there is no point bring in someone like Peter Taylor now.

Bit of a silly thing to say? Peter Taylor's at this level is very good.

Got Brighton and Gillingham Promoted also Hull?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Newcastle supporters calling for Shearer to be appointed as manager should note Keanes lack of success,the best players do not automaticaly make top managers,they should prove themselves in the lower divisions first, as Cloughie did.

Give me Taylor any day than the current horrible mess that we are in. Boy could we do with a few boring 1-0 wins. Reminds me of our 1 & only ever reasonable season in the top flight with Mike Bailey as manager. The performances were not great but we ground out many low scoring wins. When the crowds dropped to 15,000 the Chairman of course sacked him. If only we could go back to those days!

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
Bit of a silly thing to say? Peter Taylor's at this level is very good.

Got Brighton and Gillingham Promoted also Hull?

Brighton was only after Adams had built a quality side. Gillingham was only after Pulis had built a quality side. Hull had a stack of cash thrown at in in an era when nobody was really spending down in league 1 and Leicester, Palace and everywhere else got progressively worse under his management.

Imagine how we'll get on considering we're already shit. We're all thinking we can't get much worse, appoint Taylor and we'll probably see how bad it can get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here