Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor fired by Ipswich

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Appologies if fixtures.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/10/30/not-keane-on-taylor-115875-21783998/

Roy Keane has dumped Peter Taylor in the latest shock move of his troubled Ipswich Town reign.
Keane had called in experienced coach Taylor who spent two days working with his players until a bizarre U-turn yesterday.
Out of the blue, Keane rang Taylor to tell him his imminent appointment as No.2 was off "after he had thought about it".
Former England and Leicester boss Taylor (left) has told pals he is stunned and furious after the abrupt end of their relationship.
Now Keane will look elsewhere for a new senior assistant, while Taylor looks for another, hopefully longerterm post

The board must still have some faith in Keane.

Keane is an idiot if he thinks he can keep treating people like that. his time at manchester United is now fading into the hazy mists of memory and he has got no reputation as a manager at all.

There are only 92 League manager's jobs and chairman tend to remember things like this when they are scraping around for the next messiah

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
At least he could organise our defense. We kept plenty of clean sheets under Taylor's guidance.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I AGREE with Chappers. All Taylors sides have MISERLY defences. And god do we need that now.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Considering Taylor's record of staying in posts - Keane probably thought he would save himself grief and get rid of him after two days. Taylor would've probably left after five anyway.

richmond

May 30, 2008
Think twice about Taylor

My mate is a long time season ticket holder at Wycombe and was really fed up with the negative way Taylor managed the side, the basis being lets shut up shop in the first minute and stop the opposition scoring. Wycombe managed promotion last season by a single goal difference after being at the top for a long time. My mate said his time was up then and was delighted went he was sacked recently. The club does not need him back!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't get him back for christ's sake. I stopped my season ticket when he was in charge because the football was so bad. He has now proved that he can't build a team unless it's already done for him. Might make an ok number 2, but if there's a risk of him becoming manager again, no thanks.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Don't get him back for christ's sake. I stopped my season ticket when he was in charge because the football was so bad. He has now proved that he can't build a team unless it's already done for him. Might make an ok number 2, but if there's a risk of him becoming manager again, no thanks.

I wouldn't want to see him back either

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont bring him back , he'll make Russell Slade look like the Messiah.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No thank-you. Mind you that was one of the oddest incidents - at the home championship game when this Albion supporter stood up in earshot of the dugout and launched a vitriolic attack on Taylor's tactics - and had to be reminded we were just about to win the League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here