Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Tatchell

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
As Brighton has such a large gay community (to which we are subject to constant jibes), I have e-mailed Peter Tatchell to ask him to petition the gay community to add their support for the Falmer campaign this afternoon. This might win us some brownie points with Prescott and although I am not a Tatchell fan - he is a very good campaigner for gay rights, this might rub off on us too.

headerpic2.jpg

* Tatchell - Hope of support

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great idea Gunter - besides it is a community centre for all so the more votes the better.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey, if it helps fill Falmer, what does it matter which section of the community our fans come from?
:clap:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Come on Tatchell, help us with our demo.....how about disrupting the traffic in London

tatchellgreenshirtnewsmaller.jpg

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It's a good idea... and Peter Tatchell is, after all, a highly talented demonstrator about things.

However, if you ask him (which I have) he'll tell you that he's a human rights campaigner, who happens to be gay. I don't think he's any kind of talisman for the gay community... the main pressure group for politically active gay people is Stonewall.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I hope he will be good enough to come and join us at a demo....that should definetely get some publicity!

_225687_tatch300-01-12-98.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the sort of thing we need!

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Where's Swampy these days?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
For christ sake im all for alot of the suggestions on this board but come on were stooping to a real low level here arent we. Football and poofs just dont go and never will. Burn them all

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
At the risk of resurrecting a very old thread - anybody else see the footage of Tatchell getting smacked in the face (then arrested) in the new, liberal Russia? Right Said Fred guy got a bloody nose as well. I would suggest that they are not exactly "glad to be gay" in the Soviet States....

Did we get any more news on the support from Tatchell for Falmer?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
HampshireSeagulls said:
At the risk of resurrecting a very old thread - anybody else see the footage of Tatchell getting smacked in the face (then arrested) in the new, liberal Russia? Right Said Fred guy got a bloody nose as well. I would suggest that they are not exactly "glad to be gay" in the Soviet States....

Did we get any more news on the support from Tatchell for Falmer?

I heard about this on the news. Not sure of the fall out from it yet.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Downloaded Penguin said:
I heard about this on the news. Not sure of the fall out from it yet.

The Russkis arrested some Euro MPs, and have done themselves no favours. The police were obviously on the side of the anti-gays, and failed to provide any protection. I believe the mayor of Moscow called gay people "satanic"....

Dropping the Communist blinkers doesn't seem to have elevated the liberation of thought in the Soviet bloc.

I used to think that Tatchell was a nasty, odious little man, but having seen how he went after Mugabe, I have a grudging respect for him. I think that the "outing" campaign was wrong, but since then he seems to have got his campaigning back on the right lines.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nothing we do will have any effect on the outcome concerning the aquisition of the Falmer site. It is a matter of the planning laws taking their course and you can send all the flowers , postcards or whatever to the ministers concerned and the only decision given will be that that has gone through due process. So sit tight till July the 7th or whenever it is and hope.

Writing to Peter Tatchell will do nothing.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Questions said:
Nothing we do will have any effect on the outcome concerning the aquisition of the Falmer site. It is a matter of the planning laws taking their course and you can send all the flowers , postcards or whatever to the ministers concerned and the only decision given will be that that has gone through due process. So sit tight till July the 7th or whenever it is and hope.

Writing to Peter Tatchell will do nothing.

Read the date this thread was written on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here