Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ridsdale on Talksport later this morning

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I thought Ridsdale sounded arrogant and very short sighted. He is looking to make a huge slice of profit, even if it causes the demise of the football club. He is a first class twunt to borrow a word off of Simster. Yes Reid may well be past his best, but he had the backing of the fans and the players. He dipped into his own pocket to help try and save the club. He is supposed to be a friend of Ridsdale, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Didn't he (Reid) sell some of his medals to help the club financially?

He sold his runner-up medal to help pay staff and paid the heating bill at one point - I think there are other instances of him digging into his own pocket to assist and make sure the team could afford meals and so on.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Apparently Paul Hart wont be getting the job all the time Ridsdale's still there as well, whats the history between those two?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Maybe Steve Gritt is available...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Maybe Steve Gritt is available...

He's possibly the only other man out there who's managed in these circumstances before! There are so many echoes of what happened to us that it's scary. Whatever people think about Reid's qualities as a manager, his qualities as a person have been more than evident in this sorry affair so far. And I seriously doubt too many people would have been able to do much better in the circumstances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ridsdale has probably had 50 applications for the job already, there will be no shortage of takers for the managers job of ex players/ manager who have made a few bob in the past and will be just looking for the opportunity to improve their CV and to use PAFC as a stepping stone.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How on earth is a man like Ridsdale allowed within ten miles of any football club?....This is a man who when having contract talks with a player and his agent at Leeds offered 20% more than what they were hopeing for. This was Ridsdales opening offer and he said take it or leave it. Needless to say they took it and laughed all the way to the bank....The FA should have rules in place to stop people like Ridsdale being involved in Football clubs once they been found to be totaly incapable of running a piss up in a brewery.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
How on earth is a man like Ridsdale allowed within ten miles of any football club?....This is a man who when having contract talks with a player and his agent at Leeds offered 20% more than what they were hopeing for. This was Ridsdales opening offer and he said take it or leave it. Needless to say they took it and laughed all the way to the bank....The FA should have rules in place to stop people like Ridsdale being involved in Football clubs once they been found to be totaly incapable of running a piss up in a brewery.

He's quite capable of running said piss-up, the only problem is that the beer would run out after ten minutes.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Once all the dust is settled on this we should have some sort of campaign to make sure Ridsdale is never allowed near a football club again. I'm talking letters or some kind of dossier to the FA, Football league, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA, Every FA in europe North America and South America just to spread the word on what a parasite this man is.

At the very least it'll hopefully piss him off enough that he never wants to come near our club should,god forbid, anything happen to Sir Tony. It might put off a few others as well.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just noticed that Peter Reid's replacement at Plymouth Argyle is a player-manager.

So that's two jobs he won't be paid for, then.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Ridsdale has probably had 50 applications for the job already, there will be no shortage of takers for the managers job of ex players/ manager who have made a few bob in the past and will be just looking for the opportunity to improve their CV and to use PAFC as a stepping stone.

The Plymouth job will seriously damage their CV me thinks
Whoever takes it will be on a hiding to nothing
I agree though that there will be many takers for the job as in the norm for any manager's job whatever the circumstances
I hope that someone who has close links to the club will become manager and succeed though as I like Plymouth

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if Jason Roberts is interested in the job at Plymouth.

What with there only being 2 black managers in the leagues I thought Ridsdale might think about it.
It would be like a re-make of Blazing Saddles.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just noticed that Peter Reid's replacement at Plymouth Argyle is a player-manager.

So that's two jobs he won't be paid for, then.

Didn't Carl Fletcher used to play for Harchester United?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My conspiracy theory is Russell Slade is doing his hardest to land the managerial job at Home Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here