Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Osgood

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OMG he was the same age as me!

RIP peter you gave me some great memories,particularly one diving header against leeds.

gone but will never be forgotten.:bowdown:

Those Leeds games 35and+ years ago excited the football world - and now another legend from those days is gone.

For some of us, he represents an age of our emerging football idols - and one that was not easy, with the likes of George Best around.

Gone, RIP, but never forgotten.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I bought the Chelsea-Leeds 1970 F/A cup final tape some years ago, what a replay boots flying in from every angle,and both teams just carried on playing. :clap: Then what an equaliser,from Chelsea,superb ball played by Charlie Cooke,excellent run with fantastic diving header from Ossie,I can never get tired of watching that goal. :clap: An all time great goal.:bowdown: :albion:

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
I remember him scoring against us in a FA Cup game at the good old Goldstone at the North Stand end must have been in the 70s RIP you were a legend

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A young age is a bit worrying.

Peter Osgood absolutely wrecked the Albion in one match at the Goldstone. I think it was with Chelsea who won 4-1.

I think it must have been this match:

13/1/73 Sat. FAC R3 (h) L 0-2 - 29,287

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I met Osgood once a couple of years ago when I was invited to the hospitality suite at a Saints match. He used to do do the PR side. Genuinely affable bloke with a sense of humour and a terrific footballer. Tragic way to die. R.I.P. Ossie :(

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
mdotw said:
I remember him scoring against us in a FA Cup game at the good old Goldstone at the North Stand end must have been in the 70s RIP you were a legend

He scored Chelsea's second goal in the FA Cup Third Round tie at the Goldstone in 1973. My recollection was that it was in the South Stand where I was standing with my Dad.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Peter was a top top player and I hope he has gone to a better place

R.I.P :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :angel:

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
The Chelsea team of 1970-72 were my heroes, I used to go to Stamford Bridge with my father on the train & tube straight from school.

From those early days, and with the thuggery around, it was the Albion from then on. But I will never forget Peter Osgood, he was my hero. I also met him at St. Mary's last year and he was a real gentleman.

Why do people die so young? Rest in Peace Ossie, Peter Houseman is welcoming you up there and there's another star in the sky tonight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A sad day for football. He was a cracking player.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

:angel: :angel:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not just a cracking player,but also had style to go with it,a character.:clap2: Like another topman of the time Big Frank,:clap2: and i dont mean Bruno!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BUTTERBALL said:
I met Osgood once a couple of years ago when I was invited to the hospitality suite at a Saints match. He used to do do the PR side. Genuinely affable bloke with a sense of humour and a terrific footballer. Tragic way to die. R.I.P. Ossie :(

He was on my table in the Mick Channon suite about three months ago. Said it was his last gig at Saints though, as Wupert was trying to half his pay after they went down! Top bloke.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Worked with him and Duncan McKenzie on a charity dinner in Worthing 10 years ago, a top quality bloke, the world of football will be a poorer place without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here