Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Kay - Most Overrated Comic

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Just been voted apparently in a poll by chortle.co.uk

Can't believe he beat Jim Davidson! Or Jimmy Tarbuck, Ken Dodd, Bernard Manning, Jasper Carrott, Joe Pasquale etc

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the john smiths adverts are funny

but pkpn and his stand up thing is POO!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Braders - Pheonix nights poo - Are you deranged ???????

Joe pesquale
Les Dennis
Jim Davidson

need I go on ..............

steventhesquirrel

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
He is an absolute legend!!! His new advert i dont think is very funny but if you watch his Blackpool & Bolton stand up videos they are great! The man is a genius!!!

:bowdown:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm afraid he's another professional Northerner and overrated.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
His stand up shows are hilarious, watched them both recently and they really crack me up.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Braders you really are a tool.

Kay is a legend, Pheonix Nights is one of the best comedies of the last decade and his stand up is superb.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bradders, on this one I am afraid I have to agree with the consensus of opinion, you have your opinion and I for one do not agree with it.

The DVD's for Blackpool Tower and Bolton are IMHO so funny I had to stop them in places I couldn't breathe.

The bit where the they are going on holiday and the Taxi is outside, and his mum is running round the house yelling "taxi' here" ...He is a very clever comic whose comedy comes from life itself. he is not overly filthy, not Racist in any way, just funny.

" 'ere comes Thambulance"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think his stand ups are average.Why does he keep saying'That was a funny gag wasn't it'.I do love the John Smiths adverts though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Every now and then, someone flies a bit of a kite on NSC and it plummets back to the ground riddled with bullet holes. The 'Peter Kay is shite' notion is just such a kite. He's one of the best comic actors and writers in TV history, and his stand-up is also very good.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
(tries to pull head out of lions mouth) sorry :(

but hey -its only my opinion , if you think pheonix nights is funny -cool:)

Last edited:

The scene in Phoenix nights where the two bouncers are singing along in the front of the transit cab to "sweet Marie who waits for me" before the camera peels back to reveal it is actually a transit full of Asian pensioners is absolutely f*cking class. Phoenix Nights is an absolute gem and to even mention the man in the same breath as Joe F*cking Pasquale is criminal.

Peter Kay is a genius, although not as good as Bill Hicks. Obviously. Hands up :clap2: who was lucky enough to see him perform the dome in the early 90s? He's been gone 10 years and I think our collective psyche has not advanced since......
www.billhicks.com

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Albion Dan said:
Kay is a legend, Pheonix Nights is one of the best comedies of the last decade and his stand up is superb.

Have to agree with that sentiment :clap2:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I liked the John Smiths ad where he chucks his mum out to the old folks home and plonks down a pic of Dennis Taylor. :lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
In bed last week with full-blown Man Flu. Decided to watch the whole of Phoenix Nights series 1 & 2 back to back.

I have to say it is one of the funniest things I have seen.

Peter Kay is a genius.

Did anyone see him in Coronation Street recently. Class.

His John Smiths ads are quality - "It's not the wardrobe monsters you have to worry about, it's the burglars who come in through the Window"

Marvellous :clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Kay is a f***ing legend.

I bought the live DVD a few weeks ago and utterly pished myself laughing and have since watched it several times.

Pheonix Nights is pure comedy genious, Braders you are a FUCKWIT of the very highest order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here