Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Peter Green RIP

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
RIP remember him putting in a guest apearance with John Mayall and his Bluesbreakers at the Dome post leaving Fleetwood Mac, he struggled to come out from behind the curtain, one of the great 60s British blues guitarists

I was there. He was wearing a greatcoat, and did everything not to project himself on stage. Saw him once with the splinter group, but it was no big deal.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Truly a Man of the World. RIP.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Saw the original Mac in Worthing about 1970. Will be sadly missed in person but fortunately he leaves behind a wealth of his music which is signature, sounding like no other. RIP

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
RIP

I was fortunate enough to see him at the Grimsby Auditorium (with John Mayall) quite late in his career. Really memorable and still playing beautifully.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

"Genius" often bandied around too easily but he was a true genius of the guitar and the best white boy player of all time.

Love his albums with John Mayall, Otis Spann and Eddie Boyd.

edit - was lucky enough to see him at the Komedia, with the late Gary Moore in the crowd aswell.

Sadly will take him off my gig alerts list, was hoping to catch him one last time. Rip. What a legacy though.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
A genius, ruined by drugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruined by schizophrenia, to be more precise: a horrible disease. It seems like he wasn't helped by having to endure too much ECT, which was in vogue at the time. Of course the LSD could have been a contributing factor in someone pre-disposed to psychosis.

Cheerio Peter Green. Thanks for the great music, especially the incredible tone.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Albatross. Probably my go to tune when things aren’t great. The ultimate soothing tune.

RIP

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Very sad day, wrote so much good stuff.
We play a sort of Greeny version of Black Magic Woman still.
Man of the World will always be a favourite of mine and I always jump given the opportunity to sing it.
I sang it at a karaoke night once and the barmaid started to cry, she had never heard it before and was moved by it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RIP to my favourite guitarist ever.

Hope he has now found the peace that eluded him for so much of his life. As BB KIng said “has the sweetest tone I ever heard. He was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.”

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fabulous guitarist and tragic that he couldn’t handle fame and the consequences that followed :down:

RIP Peter

Is it not on record that his problems really kicked off after a massive acid session in the US with the Grateful dead?

A brilliant guitarist and song writer, up there with Hendrix in many ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here