Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Over Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe? !

England drifting to 10 - 1. Stll at least Erikkson had the good sense to include Lennon and Downing.

I think we will play 4-5-1 using the width of these exciting players.

Crouch world class? :lolol:

Last edited:

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
The guy isn't a world class player, his time at Aston Villa showed that there is really only one manager who can get the best out of him.

Rednapp has managed him twice each time it has lead to a big money move there he fails to prove his worth.

Liverpool should have spent the money on bring owen back to liverpool, now there's a world class player....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its depressing, but as we'll probably have no Owen or Rooney, we're left scraping the bottom of the barrel, and Crouch is amongst the crud down there.

The idiotic selection of Walcott actually makes the selection of Crouch look almost inspired.

Oct 25, 2003
i like crouch

foreign defenders HATE playing against players like him

can't be arsed to find CHAPPERS FACT about him but it well impressed me

well impressed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
crouchwalks.jpg

Englands Last Hope.

*sob*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Little Rich said:

Liverpool should have spent the money on bring owen back to liverpool, now there's a world class player....

Wisely, they chose not to buy back an injury prone possible has been. Liverpool don't often spend big money on Kitson type players and I think Crouch has proved his worth lately with Liverpool.

Crouch is a better bet, by some margin even if it's just for his height, than very average non international standard players like Defoe and Bent.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sean Dundee?

Did I say never?

and I had to go and look him up as I'd never heard of this 3 game player :lol:

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not really sure you can have a pop at Crouch for England as when he has played he has changed games and looked the part.... could even say the most effective english striker over the past six months

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He is a legend in the making and will win us the cup.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I heard that they will build a statue of him in london, should we win the cup. The top of the statue will have a viewing platform so you can see all over London. :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
impact when coming off the bench for England is not up for debate

argentina 2 england 3 crouch turns game
england 2 uraguay 1 crouch turns game
beat poland in qualifier crouch turns game

he is something different and no one likes playing against 6ft 7 players. Whats the prob , He wont start as Owen will lead the line

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
he will cause all sorts of problems. the people who slag him off clearly have never watched the assists he makes for gerrard at liverpool. the flicks he can produce, and his holding up is truely world class.

and yes he didnt score against argentina, but both owens goals were because of him. naturally sorin and the other greasy twats marked him leaving micheal 'the header' owen to score.

and if in trouble walcott comes on and recieves big petes flick ons!

voila!

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
I admit I never saw much in him. He's not a match of the day type player - nothing spectacular, but what he does do he does very well.

And what does he do? He has great assists, and chips in with the odd goal too.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
blockhseagull said:
Not really sure you can have a pop at Crouch for England as when he has played he has changed games and looked the part.... could even say the most effective english striker over the past six months

Indeed, He changed the game against the argies scoring one and genreally looking dangerous. International defenders have no clue how to defend against him. I dont think he should start as he is more of an impact player but with the injuries to Owen and Rooney I think he may have to.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DAMANCLAY said:
Indeed, He changed the game against the argies scoring one and genreally looking dangerous. International defenders have no clue how to defend against him. I dont think he should start as he is more of an impact player but with the injuries to Owen and Rooney I think he may have to.

I suppose it all depends on Owen's injury and how bold sven is reference abandoning his 4-4-2

If he sticks to 4- 4-2, Crouch will start but if he elects to play either Cole or Gerrard behind a fit Owen then Crouch will probably find himself on the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here