Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch: World class striker or just a lankey streak of piss?

Stumpy Tim

I agree somewhat, however he looks so ungamely thats why the refs blow against him. He could help himself a bit i think on that front, his arms etc are always all over the place, he looks like he's climbing when he is not etc.

Anyone but Heskey in the starting 11 i say.

I do remember it came out after the tournament that referees were told by FIFA before the 2006 World Cup to be hard on Crouch. Disgusting interference

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Technically has scored some superb goals and if he was 6'3" would be regarded as a gem, well worth him going, I can't understand Heskey though, doesn't score at club or international level and all that bull about Rooney liking him as a strike partner - just sounds like England are putting all their eggs in the Rooney basket again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We maybe arsenals smaller feeble brother, but they are our mentally retarded cousin
If I can use a mildly amusing film simile here to describe, I think this best describes 3 of the big London clubs:

Arsenal are Michael Caine
Spurs are the less classy Steve Martin
And West Ham are Ruprekt

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do remember it came out after the tournament that referees were told by FIFA before the 2006 World Cup to be hard on Crouch. Disgusting interference
They did a pretty crap job of it then, seeing as Crouch used a defender's dreadlocks as a climbing rope when scoring aganist T&T.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Struggles with the ball in the air, seems to make himself shorter when jumping. Makes team play longer balls in an attempt to utilise his 'strengths' (whether he likes it or not). When he plays Rooney seems to struggle and know who I would much prefer the team built around

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Should be used as an impact sub as his height makes route 1 football very easy and he has a really good scoring record. Starting 11 should revolve around Rooney, which means Heskey.

Has anyone got the time to compare Rooney's goal scoring record with Heskey up front and with Crouch up front?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i dont think he's world class, but he has that knack of scoring regularly, i'm glad he's going , perhaps he should room with emile heskey and hope something rubs off on him .

oo er missus.

imagine what their children would look like :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Struggles with the ball in the air, seems to make himself shorter when jumping. Makes team play longer balls in an attempt to utilise his 'strengths' (whether he likes it or not). When he plays Rooney seems to struggle and know who I would much prefer the team built around

Yes

When Crouch plays with Rooney we score more goals. Rooney dosent get quite so many but Crouch scores unlike Heskey.

The goals are shared unlike with Heskey.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bullies and scores against average defenders, But I cannot remember him scoring against a decent team internationally or for club

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
England's 2 most impressive wins, against decent opposition, during qualification were in the games agains Croatia. Heskey played in both and we scored 9 goals.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Bullies and scores against average defenders, But I cannot remember him scoring against a decent team internationally or for club

Didn't he score for Liverpool against Barca?

*goes off to check facts*

[edit] No, no he didn't!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
England's 2 most impressive wins, against decent opposition, during qualification were in the games agains Croatia. Heskey played in both and we scored 9 goals.

Walcott got a hatrick in that game...where is he now....

You aksed for the facts....were better all round with Crouch over Heskey.

I wouldnt play either but Crouch is better than Heskey as long as we dont revert to pumping the ball 50 yards to his head...:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I cannot remember him scoring against a decent team internationally or for club

He scored against Leeds. Biggest club in the world.

Over the last 6 years, he has also scored against:

Greece
Uruguay

Everton
Tottenham
Villa
Blackburn
Fulham

Chelsea
Arsenal (a hat trick)
Man Utd
Liverpool

Palace (not a decent side, but he deserves points for putting a goal past them, surely?!)

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Got a rather important goal on May 5th as well.

Im as bemused as anyone by his record, but why drop someone who scores?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here