Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch: World class striker or just a lankey streak of piss?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
With a centre of gravity higher than a cruising jumbo jet and legs so spindly they could be snapped clean in half by a light breeze, is Crouchy really the man to lead the line for England?
His goal tally suggests yes. All laws of physics say 'non'.
Is the jury still out?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
He's somewhere inbetween and a great impact player to have coming off the bunch for England. His international record is excellent.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does a job and does it on a regular basis.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
he has that quality of adding something different and is deceptively skilful for such along streak of piss (although every one must know that by now) - he'd definitely make my squad so I'm glad he's in.....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i dont think he's world class, but he has that knack of scoring regularly, i'm glad he's going , perhaps he should room with emile heskey and hope something rubs off on him .

oo er missus.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He is a fantastic striker at international level. I just hope he isn't blatently discriminated against by referees, as he was in the last world cup.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Class player, even with the appauling refereeing.

Got a great touch for any player, not just a big man, his useage of the ball is good and he just gets in to places to score and does it well.

Plus he scores FLAIR overhead kicks :clap2:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hope he has his world cup goal celebation planned. I want to see something that tops the robot.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He is a fantastic striker at international level. I just hope he isn't blatently discriminated against by referees, as he was in the last world cup.

I agree somewhat, however he looks so ungamely thats why the refs blow against him. He could help himself a bit i think on that front, his arms etc are always all over the place, he looks like he's climbing when he is not etc.

Anyone but Heskey in the starting 11 i say.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I just dont get it.... For Spurs he looks like our 4th choice striker most of the time, but for England he looks unstoppable.

He is 6 goals off the top ten goal scorers for england

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He'll score a hat-trick in the World Cup final, like his fellow limited soccerist from 40 years ago, Geoff Hurst. :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He'll score a hat-trick in the World Cup final, like his fellow limited soccerist from 40 years ago, Geoff Hurst. :clap2:
Indeed. People, rightly, remember Hurst for scoring a hat-trick in the final in 1966 and overlook the fact that he wasn't actually THAT good as far as international forwards go: he could 'do a job' but he was certainly no Eusebio. It was even more surprising when you consider that he kept Jimmy Greaves (who was REALLY good) out of the team for the final.

It is the classic example of the truth that when picking a team you pick the best eleven, not the eleven best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here