Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Brackley is A Brighton Fan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vaguely remember him being guest speaker at the Cup Final dinner and professing to have been a lifelong Albion Fan. Mind you we had loads of fans like that back then :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He used to live around Springfield Road, i believe. A mate's mum would see him and wave a hello most days. I always liked to imagine him replying with a deep "Good Morning i'm Peter Brackley" as his common greeting.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Peter Brackley was a reporter on a Shoreham paper prior to his break into the big time.I think he was a Hove Grammarian,and I'm sure he was a fairly regular Goldstone goer.He certainly interviewed Brian Clough when he was ,briefly,Albion manager,with Clough doing the "young man" platitude,a virtual pat on the head.I played football with Peter for West Hove in the dim and distant,and in fact I think I passed to him and he scored in the moment my leg was so badly snapped that I never played again.Greenleas,circa 1968.

Always liked his football commentaries;he was well researched.Generally falls into the category of "good bloke".

What you at now,Pete?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never heard of him.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
mendoza10 said:
Is this true, is the man behind all PES commentry, and hours of gaming hapiness really a Brighton fan?

Has anyone ever seen him at a game, how long has he been a fan etc?

This is well known, no?

He used to slip in a mention of the Albion with Liam Brady on Football Italia in the 90s.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
withdeanwombat said:
Peter Brackley was a reporter on a Shoreham paper prior to his break into the big time.I think he was a Hove Grammarian,and I'm sure he was a fairly regular Goldstone goer.He certainly interviewed Brian Clough when he was ,briefly,Albion manager,with Clough doing the "young man" platitude,a virtual pat on the head.I played football with Peter for West Hove in the dim and distant,and in fact I think I passed to him and he scored in the moment my leg was so badly snapped that I never played again.Greenleas,circa 1968.

Always liked his football commentaries;he was well researched.Generally falls into the category of "good bloke".

What you at now,Pete?

his mum was school secretary at Hove Grammar

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My mum claims to have dated him once (in the 60's of course)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
withdeanwombat said:

What you at now,Pete?

Ah Greenleas of happy memories. I used to play there late 50's.
Spot on re Peter Brackley.Indeed a good bloke who really was a proper Albion fan

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
He used to live around Springfield Road, i believe. A mate's mum would see him and wave a hello most days. I always liked to imagine him replying with a deep "Good Morning i'm Peter Brackley" as his common greeting.

When was that?

I wish it had been when I lived round there.

Still, he lived near me!:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So says Wikipedia:

Famous supporters

* Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim, the musician and DJ who owns a minority stake in the club, and whose record label Skint Records sponsors the club;
* Norman Wisdom, the comedian who was once a director of the club and who wrote new words for the club's song "Sussex by the Sea" (which was composed by William Ward-Higgs in 1907);
* Jon Snow, the Channel 4 news anchor;
* Des Lynam, a leading British television sports presenter who also hosted Countdown on Channel 4 following the death of regular host Richard Whiteley
* Ralph Brown, a British actor who previously appeared in Alien³ and Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace;
* Mark Williams, a British actor and comedian who previously appeared in the BBC sketch show The Fast Show and in the second, third and fourth Harry Potter films;
* Christopher Ellison, a British actor who previously appeared in The Bill;
* Jamie Theakston, a British television and radio presenter and producer;
* Peter Brackley, a British television sports commentator, best known for commentating on Football Italia in the 1990s;
* Amanda Redman, a British actress with the lead role in New Tricks.
* Tony Bloom, a professional poker player known as "The Lizard".
* Robert Kazinsky, a British television actor, in Eastenders and Dream Team
* Baron Bassam of Brighton, a Labour peer and current member of the House of Lords
* Leo Sayer, recently said in Celebrity Big Brother that he was an Albion fan.
* Ben Richardson, a British actor best known for Walking with Shado

corrallt

Feb 14, 2004
Kent
used to play football regularly with Pete Brackley at Geanleas. Was a couple of years above me at Hove grammar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here