Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pete Postlethwaite RIP

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Anyone remember him in The Muscle market back in the 80,s ? Never got the recognition that he truely deserved. A fine actor. RIP.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sad news. Not ashamed to say I welled up in Brassed Off when he was sick in bed and the band were playing below his window. Great actor. British institution. Will be sadly missed.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
357-Pete-Postlethwaite.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As a postscript, it looked like Peter James wanted him in the role of Norman Potting, the ageing police lech for the dramatisation of the Roy Grace novels.

Whether he'd have gone for it or not is another matter, and it's all academic now. :down:

As a postscript, it looked like Peter James wanted him in the role of Norman Potting, the ageing police lech for the dramatisation of the Roy Grace novels.

Whether he'd have gone for it or not is another matter, and it's all academic now. :down:

I would have deemed it an honour and a privilege. Any insider knowledge on when/if the books are likely be turned into a TV series??

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
One of the best. RIP.

I first remember him in Sharpe and started to love his work since then. So glad I saw him on stage when we had a school trip to see Macbeth.

Shocked and sad. One of my favs. :(

Currently watching him as Obadiah, the psycho sergeant in Sharpe. Great man much missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here