Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Every article I’ve read about him seems to talk about him RAMPAGING down the left. I don’t feel like we’ve had many players who have RAMPAGED. I’m not sure even Cucurella ever RAMPAGES.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Every article I’ve read about him seems to talk about him RAMPAGING down the left. I don’t feel like we’ve had many players who have RAMPAGED. I’m not sure even Cucurella ever RAMPAGES.

Very few dribbles from Cucu, he was all about world class positioning and reading of the game together with amazing passing and brilliant defending.

This is a different player who is possibly faster than Cucu but could be equally effective in that their La Liga assist stats are very similar (although Cucu scores more goals).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
From what I've seen of his showreel, if he puts in half the crosses that he has for Villareal, even Welbeck might score a couple!
My only concern is a typical South American tackle could sway certain referees to flag for unnecessary roughness!
I am looking for to seeing his progress

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
On the face of it, a very shrewd signing. Looking forward to see how he gels with his teammates. Welcome Pervis!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Rampaging is just old skool Running. Remember, this is the PL and everything must be hyped. At HT, I’ve heard players now GUZZLE their drinks.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

naylor-says-yes.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wow! That’s a late one!

Welcome Perv!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Easy tiger!

I think he could be as good as Cucu at LWB and LB. I think I stated that.

Transfermarkt offer a relatively useful but not wholly precise resume of what positions a player has played in during their career:
94e70469236f2b0289cf8046d829f0a5.jpg

I note he has played centre back once in 2016 in the Spanish 3rd tier. He’s not been used there since. There is some evidence to suggest that he’ll be better in a more attack focused position. He strikes me as a natural wing-back given that he is very swift and is able to dribble well.

I’ve seen plenty of showreels on YouTube but never in person. Do you think that invalidates an opinion? I’ve also read quite a lot about him. He actually reminds me of Lua Lua in terms of power, dribbling and skill but with a much better football brain which brings an ability to pass at the right time and a defensive mindset. But I just can’t see this guy as a centre back, no matter how hard Potter tries. We have Colwill for that.

Ok so he got one more game as a CB than Cucurella had when he came to Brighton.

Dont think anybody thought Cucurella would play CB either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here