Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought he looked very talented today and looking forward to seeing more of him,

Think GP may be having a little chat about risk/reward during the week though :wink:

This. He's quick, direct, reads the game well and looks decent defensively. Decision making today was dodgy but I expect that's the adrenaline of a home debut. Should he have shot from 40 yards when urged to by the crowd? No. And if you're going to try to beat two players in your own half or hit a worldie crossfield ball you'd better achieve it.

That aside he looks an absolute BARGAIN.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Very good debut overall. That strange cross the box pass could have cost us a goal though. Also maybe 3 times he received the ball wide left & could have moved forward with it or played forward pass but instead did a sort of feigned pass and cut the ball back to try and retain possession but each time the Leeds winger read it and was straight on him to tackle. It was a little predictable or they'd done their homework. Needed to mix that up a bit. Other than that lots of positives.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A very impressive home debut fast skill full looks like he fitted right into GPS style of play made some mistakes but all in all a very promising first showing

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He will get even better as he learns not to take the risks - but all the quality was there. Looks very exciting

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. He's quick, direct, reads the game well and looks decent defensively. Decision making today was dodgy but I expect that's the adrenaline of a home debut. Should he have shot from 40 yards when urged to by the crowd? No. And if you're going to try to beat two players in your own half or hit a worldie crossfield ball you'd better achieve it.

That aside he looks an absolute BARGAIN.

All of this. He looked skillful and confident when on the ball, no visible nerves at all from make his home debut in front tof 30,000 plus fans. Yes one or two errors as he tired in the second half, probably caused by over confidence.
Overall though l thought he was terrific.

I see from the BBC player rankings he was deemed to be our worst player, when to my eyes at least l thought he was one of our best. No accounting for taste . . . obviously.

Early days, but Cucu who?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of this. He looked skillful and confident when on the ball, no visible nerves at all from make his home debut in front tof 30,000 plus fans. Yes one or two errors as he tired in the second half, probably caused by over confidence.
Overall though l thought he was terrific.

I see from the BBC player rankings he was deemed to be our worst player, when to my eyes at least l thought he was one of our best. No accounting for taste . . . obviously.

Early days, but Cucu who?

Leeds fans dominated that voting, all our players got 5’s and 6’s, theirs 7’s.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A really encouraging full debut.

Confidence clearly not an issue for him, and I said early on he was going to have a mistake or two in him, and so it proved.

That will give Potter, Bruno et al something to work on with him, and I don't doubt he'll soon know when to take the safe option and just get rid.

Certainly doesn't look c£45m worse than Cucurella.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Confidence clearly not an issue for him, and I said early on he was going to have a mistake or two in him, and so it proved.

That will give Potter, Bruno et al something to work on with him, and I don't doubt he'll soon know when to take the safe option and just get rid.

He seems naturally a difference kind of player to Cucurella. This time last year Cucu was immediately glorious in his attacking runs, fantastic pace, stretching sh@t scared opponents.

Whilst Estupiñán has the power, burst of pace and tackling of Caicedo, destroying opposition forays forward. Dan James got little change and look increasingly downbeat, blaming team mates for inadequate passes.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Don’t understand any negativity. Baffling! All things considered he looked FANTASTIC! I found him thrilling to watch. Very happy here! All the niggly, picky comments about the odd wayward moment is crazy. Every player on the pitch has ‘moments!’ It was his debut with VERY little time to be fully introduced and get acclimatised. I don’t understand you lot.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

It was always going to take time to adjust, he looked very impressive and obvious why we bought him to join our squad.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Don’t understand any negativity. Baffling! All things considered he looked FANTASTIC! I found him thrilling to watch. Very happy here! All the niggly, picky comments about the odd wayward moment is crazy. Every player on the pitch has ‘moments!’ It was his debut with VERY little time to be fully introduced and get acclimatised. I don’t understand you lot.

Dont think anyone is being overly negative towards him. Just analysing his debut game. Which was mostly great, with a couple of small errors. & that's fine, small errors are to be worked on and perfectly okay as you get used to a new team/league.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think he’ll prove to be better going forward than Cucarella but not quite as astute defensively.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I echo most of the positive comments. It wasa very promising debut. Once he's up to speed with the pace and competitiveness of the league he'll be an excellent addition to the team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dont think anyone is being overly negative towards him. Just analysing his debut game. Which was mostly great, with a couple of small errors. & that's fine, small errors are to be worked on and perfectly okay as you get used to a new team/league.

Agree with the gist of this. They were not SMALL errors though. Pure luck (and Leeds’ failings) that he didn’t cost us two valuable points.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Agree with the gist of this. They were not SMALL errors though. Pure luck (and Leeds’ failings) that he didn’t cost us two valuable points.

Both bought on by tiredness IMO. Pretty sure that’s why GP took him off. If that cross field had reached its intended target, we were away on a counter. Great idea, poorly executed. Excited to see more of our Perv!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here