Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry is the new Bellotti

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Harty said:
Ernie might actually have a point, the caller Jane, a fellow Albion fan and Gulls Eye reader who I have known for over 15 years came on the phone-in to complain about the way Martin Perry dealt with a ticket problem her son had.
In keeping with BBC policy and in the interests of balance I will be ringing Martin Perry on Monday to get his side of the story but to be perfectly honest knowing Jane as I do, she certainly wouldn't have invented this situation nor would she 'sex it up' for the phone-in to make it sound worse than it was.
Hopefully a blip from our Chief Exec, although judging by the alleged 'cash flow' problems he has had other things on his mind.
But whatever the circumstances the likes Jane and her son are 'dyed in the wool' Albion fans and deserve better treatment.

One cock-up or even three wouldn't make him the new Belotti. Just remember quite how bad you have to be to earn that comparison.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Harty said:
Ernie might actually have a point, the caller Jane, a fellow Albion fan and Gulls Eye reader who I have known for over 15 years came on the phone-in to complain about the way Martin Perry dealt with a ticket problem her son had.
In keeping with BBC policy and in the interests of balance I will be ringing Martin Perry on Monday to get his side of the story but to be perfectly honest knowing Jane as I do, she certainly wouldn't have invented this situation nor would she 'sex it up' for the phone-in to make it sound worse than it was.
Hopefully a blip from our Chief Exec, although judging by the alleged 'cash flow' problems he has had other things on his mind.
But whatever the circumstances the likes Jane and her son are 'dyed in the wool' Albion fans and deserve better treatment.

I rest my case

At the end of the day (or - to be more precise - at the beginning of today), the ticket DID arrive by post.

MP simply explained the Club's policy which is to limit the number of occasions that the Ticket Office will issue duplicate tickets - so as to discourage people from getting hold of a duplicate and sell it on. Jane's son had reached the limit and - on Friday - MP wasn't prepared to make an exception in his case.

Unreasonable? Or tough luck on the lad?

Blame the Post Office? Or the Club?

Harty said:
Sounded bad at first hearing (Yes I did listen! :lol: ) but you can see the clubs position. I have watched close to 1000 games over 25 years and have never yet requested a duplicate ticket. Regardless of how long ago it was, 4 would seem rather excessive. I'm sure these people are genuine and have either been unlucky or forgetful over the years. But if the club gave out tickets to anyone who claimed not to have received one then they would be foolish at best - if not in breach of safety regulations.

BTW - I didn't hear the interview with Martin Perry but didn't you say in the phone in that he denied that there were cash flow problems. Surely you don't belive the Argus over the Chief Exec?

Also BTW - I replied to your PM - I hope this will be an end to the matter. I don't want you turning into Frasier in the episode where everyone but one person liked his show and he became obsessed about the one person who didn't. As you see, I still listen - despite the ramblings of Hugo tonight. (Nice hatchet job though) And nice to hear a bit of class on the show (Yorkie!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here