Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Permanent Club Captain...

Who should the permanent club captain be?...

• Total voters

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My concern with Crofts is that according to Gillingham fans he was excellent for them until they made him captain and he totally lost his way.

Perhaps there were other things going on there behind the scenes though. He certainly did well as captain yesterday.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Although Crofts was good yesterday, I'd say Gary Dicker.

He is a class above us, and leads by example. I think Gus will buy a player that plays like himself, meaning one of the 2 midfielders will get dropped. Dicker alongside a goalscoring midfielder would be amazing.

They are both more than capable of scoring goals (see yesterday), I really hope he doesn't drop one of them because they are an excellent partnership together

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
My concern with Crofts is that according to Gillingham fans he was excellent for them until they made him captain and he totally lost his way.

Perhaps there were other things going on there behind the scenes though. He certainly did well as captain yesterday.

Don't think he liked dropping from the Championship to League Two- he sees himself as a better player than that and wanted to leave. Which I don't mind, as his ambition matches ours..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Forgive my ignorance, but why do we have a 'Club Captain' and a 'Team Captain'?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
FFS Forster is already club captain!

This thread is very misleading as I assume the poll is meant to be about who should be the team captain on the pitch - 2 entirely different roles!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
AC please Gus

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've been saying for weeks that Crofts is the ideal captain. Fully committed and plays in the middle of the park. Unlike Virgo, you don't expect him to lunge in recklessly and risk a sending off.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Club captain = Nicky Forster

Team Captain = Crofts

I'd go along with this. As club captain, Forster is eloquent and educated, exactly what we need from a club captain.
Crofts may well be these things, I don't know - but he did his case no harm on Sunday and I expect he'll be captain on the pitch as long as Poyet see's no reason to change(ie: we're winning)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He knows Crofts from his Chelsea days, Naylor says so in The Argus today

Not exactly what he said is it. Crofts was a youth teamer at Chelsea when Poyet was there doubt he 'knew' him very much doubt that had anything to do with his choice of captain

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
you and 3 others out of a good few votes here.

didn't do himself any favours with that quote did he!

It was a competely IDIOTIC thing to say. Bet Poyet read that and decided to make an example of Virgo in that no-one is guaranteed a place and Im the boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here