Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perhaps The Moaners Were Correct?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
A lot of moaners on North Stand Chat have picked out certain players for criticism this season. Although I don't agree with a lot of things that were said about these players, their absence today allowed for a very positive team selection.

Perhaps the posters that blindly defend every single player whose selection is questioned with the argument to the moaners of 'You're not a real fan because you don't support the team.' will now admit the moaners may have had a point. Perhaps the moaners cared after all?

The moaners got their team selection today and I for one really enjoyed the game.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I also noticed we actually....gulp.....hit it long a few times, just to mix it up from the usual tika-taka, good longe range punts TO FEET from big Brez

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A lot of moaners on North Stand Chat have picked out certain players for criticism this season. Although I don't agree with a lot of things that were said about these players, their absence today allowed for a very positive team selection.

Perhaps the posters that blindly defend every single player whose selection is questioned with the argument to the moaners of 'You're not a real fan because you don't support the team.' will now admit the moaners may have had a point. Perhaps the moaners cared after all?

The moaners got their team selection today and I for one really enjoyed the game.

This wins my post of the year so far ... brilliant

There were changes that needed to be made ... we got the rub today but regardless we were the better team and looked so much more hungry and after it. I hope Gus says "f*** it" (in Spanish) I'll look to the future and see what I can develop.

I am so bloody thrilled ... long may it continue

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
BOLD selection today from Gus and it paid off:

1. JFC - Has real class and presence - seems always to have an extra second on the ball and never gives it away

2. Cook - Looks championship class. £175,000 sale absolute madness if it happens - but I don't think it will now

3. Hall - another superb talent. Look totally composed on the ball. LB not his natural position but he gives us height at set pieces

4. Brez - generally very solid. Not sure there's too much to choose between him and Casper, but the switch was the right thing to do

All in all, I thought GP won the tactical battle today for the first time in several games.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I prob moan about Casper more than anyone on here.
I dont want to sound big headed but up yours to everyone who said ' I was either mad, I know nothing about football, I'm an idiot or a tw@t and so on', for saying Brez needed to play instead Casper for a good few games now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This wins my post of the year so far ... brilliant

There were changes that needed to be made ... we got the rub today but regardless we were the better team and looked so much more hungry and after it. I hope Gus says "f*** it" (in Spanish) I'll look to the future and see what I can develop.

I am so bloody thrilled ... long may it continue

Post of the year so far ...Jan 2nd...hmm

i prob moan about casper more than anyone on here.
I dont want to sound big headed but up yours to everyone who said ' i was either mad, i know nothing about football, i'm an idiot or a tw@t and so on', for saying brez needed to play instead casper for a good few games now.

never rocket science was it?:moo:
MAKES YOU WONDER WHY IT TOOK SO LONG???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think it's a case of blindly defending the players, more a case of different philosophies - when they are wearing the team shirt representing the club, don't moan. Now, let's be clear, most of us can accept other fans highlighting actual mistakes, and some constructive criticism, but not the get rid comments, the personal abuse, and apparent agendas posters have against individual players.

The same applies to those that have come in. The fans who had a go at the moaners for criticising harley, paynter, ankergren, etc. wouldn't want to hear people moan about brezovan, Forster Caskey or lualua, either.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think it's a case of blindly defending the players, more a case of different philosophies - when they are wearing the team representing the club, don't moan. Now, let's be clear, most of us can accept other fans highlighting actual mistakes, and some constructive criticism, but the get rid comments, then personal abuse, and apparent agendas posters have against individual players.

The same applies to those that have come in. The fans who had a go at the moaners for criticising harley, paynter, ankergren, etc. wouldn't want to hear people moan about brezovan, Forster Caskey or lualua, either.

sums it up nicely

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
BOLD selection today from Gus and it paid off:

1. JFC - Has real class and presence - seems always to have an extra second on the ball and never gives it away

2. Cook - Looks championship class. £175,000 sale absolute madness if it happens - but I don't think it will now

3. Hall - another superb talent. Look totally composed on the ball. LB not his natural position but he gives us height at set pieces

4. Brez - generally very solid. Not sure there's too much to choose between him and Casper, but the switch was the right thing to do

All in all, I thought GP won the tactical battle today for the first time in several games.

Point 4. I though Brez hit the long balls with more accuracy than CA normally does. I hope he gets a run of games between the sticks now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think it's a case of blindly defending the players, more a case of different philosophies - when they are wearing the team shirt representing the club, don't moan. Now, let's be clear, most of us can accept other fans highlighting actual mistakes, and some constructive criticism, but the get rid comments, then personal abuse, and apparent agendas posters have against individual players.

Wait til the new blood have off days, it'll be business as usual with our resident moaners.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wait til the new blood have off days, it'll be business as usual with our resident moaners.

I'm sure I've seen a few of the moaners who said get rid of Brezovan in the transfer window because he was useless especially at Stoke.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Now i enjoyed today thoroughly, despite the long spells of tension silencing any possible song i might have croaked, but i really really do want us to sign a keeper in this transfer window if we no longer trust Casper. Some excellent shot-stopping at times, but by jingo the Brez has me shaking almost constantly.
My only grumble of today really, other than one toward the man in the North who manages to ruin so many moments of a game thanks to his incredibly unhilarious and loud instructions to the team and manager.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Criticism of players is fine. Chanting 'w#%^{r, w+>%#r, w?^${r' at them during games probably isn't helpful.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I don't think it's a case of blindly defending the players, more a case of different philosophies - when they are wearing the team shirt representing the club, don't moan. Now, let's be clear, most of us can accept other fans highlighting actual mistakes, and some constructive criticism, but not the get rid comments, the personal abuse, and apparent agendas posters have against individual players.

spot on :thumbsup::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here