Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy off.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I thought he was bought for £3 million and being sold for £1.5 million, hardly a massive profit. In the scheme of things, hardly a massive loss either.

Some transfers work out, some don't. If he was good enough, he would have played.

Oh I'm not sure how much he was being sold for, just assumed it would be a profit. Must be cutting our losses then or freeing up some wages if they think he won't make it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because he couldn't get a work permit.

Then he could.

Then after he joined the team, we decided he wasn't good enough.

Pretty simple really.

Whilst it's simple, it does make you wonder if the club actually got it wrong when they signed him and didn't realise he couldn't.
It's a convoluted plan and at the time of signing, was there any indication that he would get a permit a couple of years down the line?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Really couldn't give the slighest shit about any 'attention it brings'. Just saying my thing, same as everybody else does.Sorry (=Not Sorry) if that offends you in some strange way. My bad. Never meant to TRIGGER you :shrug:

You must be a parody account, always seem to be on a windup or desperate for attention by being oh-so-controversial?! No offense meant.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He is available for tomorrow

Yeah I saw that (re Sat), but GP was hardly 'excited' when offering up that 'scoop' and he's pretty much said Florin wont be getting anywhere near the pitch in the PL for, well, probably eternity judging by his comments.

Our list of viable strikers grows exceedingly thin.

With Neal suspended it's over to Aaron - which for me, is grossly unfair on him tbh.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It wouldn't surprise me if Percy stays and becomes one of this season's secret weapons ...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It wouldn't surprise me if Percy stays and becomes one of this season's secret weapons ...

Sadly it looks like he'll be off tbh, I agree however if he was given a bit of a chance to shine he could grow into a decent PL player... I'm unsure why Ali J got quite so many opportunities compared with Percy. I liked Ali too, but let's be honest - he contributed virtually nothing for all his pitch time aside from his two PL goals.

I'm starting to question (even more so) our direction of travel with our attacking players, even more so now I've seen GPs view of where Florin is in terms of being PL ready.

If we lose Tross we're absolutely buggered.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Really couldn't give the slighest shit about any 'attention it brings'. Just saying my thing, same as everybody else does.Sorry (=Not Sorry) if that offends you in some strange way. My bad. Never meant to TRIGGER you :shrug:

You say triggered, I say I'm merely pointing out a bizarre, unfounded statement and asking for clarification.

So far the clarification has only been that Tau's "disgusting treatment at the hands of the club" boils down to the recruitment team being wrong when they thought he'd make it in the PL. I'm genuinely curious to know what you think they've done to poor Percy that constitutes disgusting treatment...

I'm also not sure why you think I might be offended?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yeah I saw that (re Sat), but GP was hardly 'excited' when offering up that 'scoop' and he's pretty much said Florin wont be getting anywhere near the pitch in the PL for, well, probably eternity judging by his comments.

Our list of viable strikers grows exceedingly thin.

With Neal suspended it's over to Aaron - which for me, is grossly unfair on him tbh.

will-ferrel-say-what.gif

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who needs players for a team anyway?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah, we only have 34.

Of which 4 are goalkeepers, two are potential sicknotes, one is apparently not going to be in the managers plans anymore and one who is Jurgen Locadia so doesn't count as a professional footballer.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
And all the recruitment team 'intelligence' and due diligence that led up the the decision to sign the player in the first place? Got any stunning insights into that? Apart from maybe the obvious one that the club's recruitment team are seriously shit?

Not sure how many times this needs spelling out to you and others but I’ll try again:

IT WAS A BUSINESS TRANSACTION WITH A COMMODITY WE THOUGHT WAS UNDERVALUED BY TB’s ALGORITHM NOTHING MORE OR LESS

Oh and in terms of treatment of the player we told him up front what the plan was whilst no doubt quadrupling his earnings overnight and giving him the chance to show case his talents in Europe. Whether it was in the Prem or any other tier 1 European league. He jumped at the chance like the LION he is and the only people that don’t get it are like you or 6,000,000 South Africans who think he is the reincarnation of Van Basten or similar when actually despite some fancy footwork he’s not quite that good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of which 4 are goalkeepers, two are potential sicknotes, one is apparently not going to be in the managers plans anymore and one who is Jurgen Locadia so doesn't count as a professional footballer.
Yes but our squad is currently gigantic.

We still need to ship out about 10 more this window.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I thought we signed him because he had the potential to be a decent premier league player. Potter took a close look and seems to have said no. I don't see any fault here, it seems more like a punt that didn't quite work out. A low risk gamble with good odds is hardly worth getting all eggy about.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

So reading that article it looks to me more like Potter is saying that getting him PL game time isn't because he's not in his plans, but rather because they're playing it very safe bringing him back to fitness and don't want to compromise his recovery. Sounds very much like a "we've learned our less from Izquierdo" situation where they aren't going to risk him and will ease him in over time.

Very different to the spin I think some in this thread have been trying to put on it... (edit: that's not directed at the quoted post, for clarity)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here