Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

people who say that BB is "sad"

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Even sadder trying to defend this crap.
Haven't you got any real friends you can watch or maybe even engage in conversation.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Brighton till i die said:
erm...not quite mate.

are u sure your watching the right show.

there is CONSTANT bitching going on!:p

yes i am - but the bitching is mild and not done to the face of the person concerned. Very dull and rather weak kneed in my opinion.

IMHO there is not a single interesting character left - its about as interesting as the year that Cameron won. And normally i like BB.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
And watching uninteresting, self-absorbed idiots bitch behind each others back is entertaining?

If so, you must be every TV producers dream. They can keep churning out this shite forever, and at very little cost.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Uncle C said:
Haven't you got any real friends you can watch or maybe even engage in conversation.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Its a fact not crap,bb is for weirdo's who have nothing better to do:drink:

Just aswell call it fagott brother:lolol:

Meade's_Ball said:
What should i do instead?

Whhhhy, don't youuuuuu, justswitchoffyourtelevisionsetandgooutanddosomethinglessboringinstead?
Whhhhhhy don't youuuu,
Whhhhhhy don't youuuu?

Last edited:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Uncle C said:

its called an opinion. and yes i do have friends and a decent social life. i was just defending people (including me) who watch big brother. everyone is allowed an opinion, that ok?:)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
mr turd said:
Its a fact not crap,bb is for weirdo's who have nothing better to do:drink:

Just aswell call it fagott brother:lolol:

haha
Faggott brother. Yes, yes, yes. It so should be called that. Or faggott queer. Oh jesus, yes.

???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Whhhhy, don't youuuuuu, justswitchoffyourtelevisionsetandgooutanddosomethinglessboringinstead?
Whhhhhhy don't youuuu,
Whhhhhhy don't youuuu?

Go out, they said. Build a tree-house, they said. Join a theatre group for the mentally ill, they said.
I'd rather stay and watch Digby: The Biggest Dog in the World, thank you very much.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Re: Re: Re: people who say that BB is "sad"

Woody the Seagull said:
sorry i missed that bit, where did i say i only watch tv? i said that on tv it is one of the only things i will watch so if anything i might have been saying the opposite

you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, now are you woody? part of your defence of watching big brother was that there was no alternative on tele. implicit in this argument is the premiss that watching tele is all you do. if not, you would concede that there was nothing on and go and do something else. now that i have shown your argument to be rubbish, i shall continue.

big brother is voyeurism. it appeals to the more basic and animal parts of human nature. as such, it can be classified as low culture. those that hate it often do so not because they can't get into it themselves but because they consider themselves above it and wish that their fellow man could also resist such trivial pursuits. i beg you and those like you to rise above this programme not so that i can become part of the majority - as you would like to believe - but so that we as a whole can better ourselves.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Not to be taken the wrong way, but I think it is an age or generation thing, I am in my forties and find it absolute load of garbage, but maybe the younger ones on here like it and that is fine, hey I like The Who and Led Zepp, but dont expect others to, it is all about taste and opinions..................when I saw it there seemed to be very fit young lady in there, so maybe........

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
This isn't a thread about the Boys Brigade then?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
BobbySmith said:
hey I like The Who and Led Zepp, but dont expect others to, it is all about taste and opinions

no, some opinions are wrong. and some can be improved.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Re: Re: Re: Re: people who say that BB is "sad"

Tesco in Disguise said:
you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, now are you woody? part of your defence of watching big brother was that there was no alternative on tele. implicit in this argument is the premiss that watching tele is all you do. if not, you would concede that there was nothing on and go and do something else. now that i have shown your argument to be rubbish, i shall continue.

big brother is voyeurism. it appeals to the more basic and animal parts of human nature. as such, it can be classified as low culture. those that hate it often do so not because they can't get into it themselves but because they consider themselves above it and wish that their fellow man could also resist such trivial pursuits. i beg you and those like you to rise above this programme not so that i can become part of the majority - as you would like to believe - but so that we as a whole can better ourselves.

deary deary me. ok, watchin tele is NOT all i do! i was trying to say that WHEN i do watch tele, big brother is one of the only things on tele that i watch and that others also enjoy watching it. i think it is a tad harsh for other people to act as if they are above viewers of big brother and find it a little bit annoying.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm well into my 40s, like The Who, Led Zep, The Sex Pistols, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. etc. etc. I have teenage children so, via a process of 'listen to it enough and you will like' I also like some hip-hop and R&B

I also like Big Brother

As BobbySmith says, it's all about taste & opinions

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: people who say that BB is "sad"

Tesco in Disguise said:

Do you survive purely on a diet of Radio 4 and documentaries about ancient Egyptian brick manufacture?
I hate low culture often more than the next man, but i think this is carefully-considered soap operatics. Tightly-scripted, well-edited and narratively ridiculous.
Your argument seems to be partially against escapism. Well, what's so fantastic about reality? It's really not actually that good.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Personally speaking we've thrown away the telly and drilled a hole in our walls to watch the neighbours its a) cheaper b) more environmentally friendly and c) much more interesting and d) there is no d!... Im sorry to say that TV these days is a biggest pile of doggie doo ever...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here