Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People Who Left @ 4.45pm

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Fantastic scene's today and went so so well...Everyone stuck together and we all should be so so proud of ourselves.....Such a shame not all the albion fans will back the save the club plan+just walked out @ the end.....They got the stick the deserve in my view!

On a lighter note...was my cover blown in the pub before the match? do people know who I am now?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Do you have a car with the registration BYF? I saw one on the way back from Wycombe.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I left the ground at 4.42. I didn't get any stick. I had to be back ASAP for private reasons. You got a problem with that ?

If you are going to fecking have a go at someone, Have ago at the people that couldn't be arsed to go.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Not everyone knew. Some who started to leave stopped. Altho yes. It was a shame.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
yeah wtf was that about. I couldn't believe some people walking out when the final whistle blew. Some had young kids and there was a bloke in a wheelchair, but the others had no excuse. Do this people live in another universe where getting home half an hour before everyone else is better than having a football club to drive to in the first place? Deserved all the abuse they got on their walk of shame.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a bigger point - when we did leave around 5:15 there were still massive queues to get out of the car park ergo those that left early achieved nothing :shootself

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I wouldn't have missed that for anything. Fantastic support and very emotional. To say the least, I was disapponted that some people didn't stay, although I guess some may have had good reason. The ones who just couldn't be bothered should be ashamed.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
I left the ground at 4.42. I didn't get any stick. I had to be back ASAP for private reasons. You got a problem with that ?

If you are going to fecking have a go at someone, Have ago at the people that couldn't be arsed to go.

Well if you have private reason's then fine I have no problem....But getting all arrogant with me isnt..so sit down shut-up.

We needed all the support we can get and watchin a drove of people leave was a disgrace..Not saying that all could stay but there is no-way they all needed to go...What they wanted was a quick exit on to the M40!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Southy said:
yeah wtf was that about. I couldn't believe some people walking out when the final whistle blew. Some had young kids and there was a bloke in a wheelchair, but the others had no excuse. Do this people live in another universe where getting home half an hour before everyone else is better than having a football club to drive to in the first place? Deserved all the abuse they got on their walk of shame.

I had no problems getting out of wycombe. Was on the M40 in 10 minutes.

If none of you hadn't noticed before but some of us do have lifes away from football.

You should be thanking everyone who attended today not slag them of for leaving early. How many people on this site made up perfectic excuses for not attending ?

I'd like to add a bit of abuse at the one Albion fan in the pre-match queue who refused to take a leaflet with the words "You people are just wasting your time".

Arsehole!

:salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
I'd like to add a bit of abuse at the one Albion fan in the pre-match queue who refused to take a leaflet with the words "You people are just wasting your time".

Arsehole!

:salute:

What about the one who offered you ball boys for REMF match ?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
I had no problems getting out of wycombe. Was on the M40 in 10 minutes.

If none of you hadn't noticed before but some of us do have lifes away from football.

You should be thanking everyone who attended today not slag them of for leaving early. How many people on this site made up perfectic excuses for not attending ?

I dont expect you would have problems getting out the place @ 4.43pm.

Oh come on we all have lives away from football and its none of my business why you left..But the fact is many others with you did+ thats not acceptable in our currant position......Not sure what a perfectic excuses are....But never mind.

But if people have made the effort of going it would be nice to stay for the most important bit.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:

Agreed as just finished my 14 hr piss-up:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
byf said:

On a lighter note...was my cover blown in the pub before the match? do people know who I am now?

Yes. You have been headhunted by Uncle Buck and Dandyman to be head teaboy for our alcoholics day out to Port Vale.

Albion Rob

People that had a decent reason for leaving, fair enough, as has been mentioned there are a lot of things in life other than football.

But those who left at the end for no reason other than to save themselves an hour and to catch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire when they got gome, they know what the did was wrong.

That's all I will say on the matter.

minton magic

Jul 15, 2003
Sussex
The fans who left early, for whatever the reason, probably got stuck in the line of cars trying to leave the ground. In fact, staying for the sit in was probably a better plan because of the really bad congestion of cars trying to leave the ground.

At the end of the day the protest was very important for the future of the club, and I am sure that a few more fans could have spared 30 minutes of their Saturday evening to support the club.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think the majority of the early leavers were with kids, the family in front of us had actually come by train from Littlehampton, which is a fairly good effort when you consider that judging by the amount of 'Special Rail Service' buses on the A/M23 there must have been engineering works on the London-Brighton line, so I guess they would have been lucky to get back much before 10ish.

They left early but turned to wish us good luck before they did, they had a good reason for leaving like countless others no doubt did, we are not going to force everyone to stay, but I think 95% did so I couldnt care less who left, I didnt and thats all that matters to me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We had no problem getting out after the sit in.

We were wanting to head off to Reading to a party so as we got to the first mini roundabout we asked a copper the best way.

Instead of going straight across the roundabout we turned right up a little lane. The M40 was soon signposted so would have been a quiet way to go (we wanted the A4)
We went via Marlowe and there was a link to the M4/A4 there.

We got to our destination within 35 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here