Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

people who know of the 1832 reform act

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Just out of interest how do you know what the question is in an exam that you haven't actually taken yet ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey 1832 reform act. That takes me back. I covered it at O and A level (1976) but can't remember much about it now.

I haven't googled it but wasn't it to do with the repeal of the 6 Acts which stopped groups of people having meetings (tough laws introduced about 17 years earlier when revolution was sweeping Europe?)

I think William IV was on the throne (if it helps :) )

Not sure who was PM but it would have been a Whig or a Tory (Wellington?)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzza said:
I haven't googled it but wasn't it to do with the repeal of the 6 Acts which stopped groups of people having meetings (tough laws introduced about 17 years earlier when revolution was sweeping Europe?)
I thought it was more about getting rid of rotten boroughs - places like Old Sarum where no-one lived but still sent two MPs to parliament before 1832 - and giving representation to the new industrial towns - Manchester, Blackburn etc.?

Actually, for real brownie nose points, I'd also mention the 1835 Municipal Reform Act, which basically did for local government what the 1832 reforms did for parliament and MPs.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man of Harveys said:
I thought it was more about getting rid of rotten boroughs - places like Old Sarum where no-one lived but still sent two MPs to parliament before 1832 - and giving representation to the new industrial towns - Manchester, Blackburn etc.?

Actually, for real brownie nose points, I'd also mention the 1835 Municipal Reform Act, which basically did for local government what the 1832 reforms did for parliament and MPs.

Ah yes it's all coming back to me. (obviously a younger man MoH).

Wasn't the main voter at Sarum a dachshund called Colin? :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzza said:
Wasn't the main voter at Sarum a dachshund called Colin? :lolol:
*tuts* And just WHAT is so funny about that name? :( ;)

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
*tuts* And just WHAT is so funny about that name? :( ;)

"Why, Ted Striker's got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the Colin!"

*snigger*

Oh hang on, that's not quite right is it?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
refferal :lolol:

its a seen exam anyway

A seen exam?? Isn't that just an essay?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trufflehound said:
"Why, Ted Striker's got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the Colin!"

*snigger*

Oh hang on, that's not quite right is it?

:dunce: :lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
more of a time constrained essay if anything.

It's probably the only way they can get the lazy skiving students to hand them in on time ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here