Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

people who know of the 1832 reform act

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
yo!

anyway i have a lovely exam tommorow and the question basically asks what economic and political change happend due to the reform act of 1832.

now all i need to know is am i right going off on my planned route of talking about working class discomfort at this and chartism being formed?

and then thre 1842 charter and then though that failed the laws they asked for were gradually accepted and working class had a political and economic say?

wordy i know but thanks in advance!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
DAMANCLAY said:
Havent a bloody clue, But out of curiosity are you still having those dreams about Noel Edmonds?

sadly not.

THOUGH i did dream about sobhan from that 'maria' programme on bbc 1(sound of music competition) being sacrificed for being to good looking :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
sadly not.

THOUGH i did dream about sobhan from that 'maria' programme on bbc 1(sound of music competition) being sacrificed for being to good looking :lolol:

I reckon we should have an entire forum for Mejona's dreams, you do have some bloody weird ones! I haavent dreamt in about 2 months!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
DAMANCLAY said:
I reckon we should have an entire forum for Mejona's dreams, you do have some bloody weird ones! I haavent dreamt in about 2 months!

now THATS an idea

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I believe the 1832 reform act is when the European system of the 24 hour clock was introduced as law in the UK.

Before that, we were still allowed to say "about half past six", but now you must refer to the time with Teutonic precision, or face a £50 fine.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Trufflehound said:
I believe the 1832 reform act is when the European system of the 24 hour clock was introduced as law in the UK.

Before that, we were still allowed to say "about half past six", but now you must refer to the time with Teutonic precision, or face a £50 fine.

wow!

gee thanks mister

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The 1832 Great Reform Act stopped children from working down mines - but NOT the ugly ones. They are still down there.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Make sure you get "Old Sarum" in there somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here