Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who call Brighton "B-town"

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Thing is. NOBODY would say that, though. Not unless they were UTTER C-nts, in which case it would be your FAULT for listening to them in the first place.

Well I'm not going to f***ing make it up am I! You must be an UTTER plum to think I'm going to say something like that for no reason, what do you think I'm on here to make new mates by trying to join in a thread? How the f*** can you say it is my fault for listening, if I have heard it or seen it written as southy that is not my fault. I don't know who you think you are, coming back with an STUPID reply like that.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Its probably because comparitively it's a small city to other cities.

However, big is not best. There are no better cities to live in, in terms of:

- character.
- seaside.
- diversity.
- general coolness.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well I'm not going to f***ing make it up am I! You must be an UTTER plum to think I'm going to say something like that for no reason, what do you think I'm on here to make new mates by trying to join in a thread? How the f*** can you say it is my fault for listening, if I have heard it or seen it written as southy that is not my fault. I don't know who you think you are, coming back with an STUPID reply like that.

Calm down.

My point was that whoever said that was a MORON, that you should not bother associating with.

Chill out.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I know people to use it, but I think more as a joke.

I've always called university, uni but then I am of the younger generation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some people really do take it all a bit seriously whilst calling Brighton B-Town is cringey, it is also cringeworthy when peole who claim to have been born and bred in Brighton (usually actually a suburb of Brighton in reality, like callling Sutton part of London) bang on about what is "true Brighton" what things can and can't be called, is hove part of brighton (it's not) etc etc . on't call a Laine a lane or the Laine the laines or some such inconsequential flummery.

The town is full of tossers/students, we are bound to get some tosser thiings said and done.

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Some people really do take it all a bit seriously whilst calling Brighton B-Town is cringey, it is also cringeworthy when peole who claim to have been born and bred in Brighton (usually actually a suburb of Brighton in reality, like callling Sutton part of London) bang on about what is "true Brighton" what things can and can't be called, is hove part of brighton (it's not) etc etc . on't call a Laine a lane or the Laine the laines or some such inconsequential flummery.

The town is full of tossers/students, we are bound to get some tosser thiings said and done.

Not forgetting the typical cheeseballs/cringes you would see out everynight of the week.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not forgetting the typical cheeseballs/cringes you would see out everynight of the week.

Quite, though if you avoid West Street and shitehole pubs like PavTav you will usually avoid the dross and ghastly poor people.
Freshers week seems to focus on these places and I have to say let 'em get on with it, I never went to Uni but I do believe they should have as much fun as they can while they can, why not? It looks awful to me 'cause I'm 33 but they are in their prime and I say what better way to celebrate your vim and youthful vigor than with 20 shots of a bright blue liquid usually reserved for cleaning combs and slobbering over fat chicks in short skirts! Power to their elbow I say!

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Well do you know what I do, I just avoid going to Brighton at all. I decided to stay in all week and then when it comes to friday or saturday id rather have a lot more money to have 1 good night instead of going out every 2days and having 3 shit nights. Much more satisfying!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
B-town seems to be what university students call Brighton on facebook when they come home for half-term.

It's awful.

Much like most students, its doesn't even WORK.

I mean surely to christ the converastion must go along the lines of:

"So where do you go to uni then ?"
"B-town"
"Sorry ?"
"Oh. Brighton".

:facepalm:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Used to amuse me when kids in Arundel called Chichester High School 'Chi High'!

I must admit, I was at Peter Symonds at the time.

I take it you're at King Alfred's college? They're not calling that a university these days are they? pmsl.

My dad went to Peter Symonds - when it was a proper grammar school, not a sixth form college. But he always liked to impress idiots who are impressed by that sort of thing by claiming later that he was "educated at Winchester".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My dad went to Peter Symonds - when it was a proper grammar school, not a sixth form college. But he always liked to impress idiots who are impressed by that sort of thing by claiming later that he was "educated at Winchester".
You see, I don't bother with that, because it's grammatically incorrect in this context, and therefore sounds a bit daft. "Educated in Winchester", well that works. But "at" implies a place of education named "Winchester", such as the posh public school you're alluding to. And I wasn't educated there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here