Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who actually like Brussels sprouts

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Cooked in chicken stock is good. However, a different way of cooking them is to chop them up and stir fry them with pancetta. Get the pancetta in first to release some fat, take out the pancetta and stir fry the sprouts using the fat adding the pancetta back in just before serving.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cooked in chicken stock is good. However, a different way of cooking them is to chop them up and stir fry them with pancetta. Get the pancetta in first to release some fat, take out the pancetta and stir fry the sprouts using the fat adding the pancetta back in just before serving.

Yep tried that. For a finishing touch, liberally sprinkle with sesame seeds right at the end.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Love em,plus roast parsnip,roasties,carrott,brocolli,yorkies,gravy,mint/apple sauce,peas,beans,sweetcorn and anything else you can get on the plate !

Lovely things. Clearly, they are best enjoyed stir-fried (I prefer them with almonds), but they are so wonderful they can be treated pretty simply. One of my absolute favourite mid-afternoon snacks is a huge bowlful, steamed, and drenched in onion gravy.

I'm veggie, and on Christmas Day, instead of turkey & trimmings, I shall be having my own recipe 'festive pie' (basically a brussel sprouts & chestnut in a parsley sauce, topped with puff pastry), with all the usual roast pots and veg extras. Heaven.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I really like sprouts, and could happily just eat a whole bowl full just on their own, but have to be well cooked and mushy, not crunchy.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Needs a Poll. I LOVE sprouts. So long as they are not over cooked (even then I still tend to eat 'em)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Creamed brussel sprouts are lovely. Also very good lightly cooked and thrown in to pasta salad with mayo, bacon, and chestnuts or in a bubble and squeek

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I TOO LOVE THE LITTLE GREEN VEGGIES ... not boiled to death, cooked and then tossed in a pan with pancetta, butter and fresh balck pepper ... yum!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I'm sorry to piss on everyone's parade, but sprouts are f***ing DISGUSTING, i'd rather eat the chugnuts hanging off of a tramp's arse.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sorry to piss on everyone's parade, but sprouts are f***ing DISGUSTING, i'd rather eat the chugnuts hanging off of a tramp's arse.

Embrace the sprouts man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here