Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People Of Lewis

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
West Hoathly Seagull said:
But they are mostly Lib Dums, aren't they Doug? In other words, they provide the councillors to prop up the Cabinet. The people of Seaford seem to have swung heavily from the Tories to the Lib Dems in recent years (if I remember right, the Tories still used to win the Seaford wards during their doldrums in the 1990s). It seems that if you want a football stadium, you have to have a Labour council, much that I am not a Labour supporter myself. The only non-Labour council I can think of to have given permission for a new stadium is Bournemouth and there the ground is on the existing ground's site. It was Lib Dems who turned down Maidstone United's proposals in the early 1990s and they went bust. Their land was by a motorway. What a surprise? Quite frankly, what exactly have Lib Dems ever achieved? We had Liberals in charge when I lived in Kew as a boy. They used to come round door knocking, promising all the things they would do. By 2002, the Council Tax in Richmond (which Kew is a part of) was £2000 for a Band D property. The people finally saw sense in 2002 and kicked them out. The Tory administration that replaced them had to implement cuts to bring the financial situation back to normal. I spoke to Ed on Saturday and asked if there was any chance that the Lib Dems would be removed in 2007, but he thought that the old chestnut of the Newhaven incinerator would keep them in office. So that's all they do - run NIMBY campaigns. Rant over.

Well said that man. Lib Dems the worst bunch of looneys this country has ever had.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
West Hoathly Seagull said:
But they are mostly Lib Dums, aren't they Doug? In other words, they provide the councillors to prop up the Cabinet. The people of Seaford seem to have swung heavily from the Tories to the Lib Dems in recent years (if I remember right, the Tories still used to win the Seaford wards during their doldrums in the 1990s). It seems that if you want a football stadium, you have to have a Labour council, much that I am not a Labour supporter myself. The only non-Labour council I can think of to have given permission for a new stadium is Bournemouth and there the ground is on the existing ground's site. It was Lib Dems who turned down Maidstone United's proposals in the early 1990s and they went bust. Their land was by a motorway. What a surprise? Quite frankly, what exactly have Lib Dems ever achieved? We had Liberals in charge when I lived in Kew as a boy. They used to come round door knocking, promising all the things they would do. By 2002, the Council Tax in Richmond (which Kew is a part of) was £2000 for a Band D property. The people finally saw sense in 2002 and kicked them out. The Tory administration that replaced them had to implement cuts to bring the financial situation back to normal. I spoke to Ed on Saturday and asked if there was any chance that the Lib Dems would be removed in 2007, but he thought that the old chestnut of the Newhaven incinerator would keep them in office. So that's all they do - run NIMBY campaigns. Rant over.

As posted elsewhere yes the Lib Dems have overall control of LDCl but the cabinet comprise 6 Lib Dems & 3 Tories which correlates with respective percentage of councillors between the two parties. The 4 Independents are not represented on LDC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here