Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People no longer attending Withdean/Albion games.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
This is getting into 'superfan' territory. Whether 'superfans' like it or not Falmer won't work if only 6K turn up every game. For every 'superfan' there will need to be another 2 or 3 that only previously went to West Ham and the play-off final.

Falmer will still have to offer value for money and a decent level of entertainment probably at,at the very least Championship level. If we're still playing the likes of Cheltenham don't expect the fickle fans to come pouring in.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is getting into 'superfan' territory. Whether 'superfans' like it or not Falmer won't work if only 6K turn up every game. For every 'superfan' there will need to be another 2 or 3 that only previously went to West Ham and the play-off final.

Falmer will still have to offer value for money and a decent level of entertainment probably at,at the very least Championship level. If we're still playing the likes of Cheltenham don't expect the fickle fans to come pouring in.

I dont think it is uberfan stuff....most people appear to know someone who it appears will come back, and this is just a fans message board...there must be lots of people who will come back once the ground is built.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It's too expensive at the Withdean at the moment for a crap view. I only go a few times a season

Must say I think my view from South Stand G block in row M is great. Apart from that Withdean is very poor as a stadium.

I hope we do welcome back the lost fans at Falmer but i fear many have got out of the habit as well as there being too much footie on TV which means top class football is there at a click of a button.

Last edited:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think there is a lot of unfair misinformation about Withdean. Many people think it's hard to get tickets for games. It was in the first season or two but now it is a piece of piss, just pick the phone up and you can still choose on the day if want to go and pick the tickets up at the gate.

The view for the away fans is poor, but I've never sat in a bad seat in the south stand. The north stand is not so good if you are at one end or the other but still OK. I sit in the family area mainly but that is OK too as long as you are are a few rows back.

The main problem is being uncovered and yes it is crap getting soaked on a cold winters day but I thought last Friday on a warm evening there weren't too many better places to watch football.

I think some positive marketing will be required to fill Falmer plus a decent team playing decent opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here