Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People filing by Reagan's coffin .. what's that all about?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What's all this bloody nonsense about thousands of people filing by a dead body that was Ronald Reagan to apparently "pay their respects"?

HE'S DEAD, OK. HE CAN'T SEE YOU.

A bunch of utter claptrap.

It's like all those effing morons who went to Diana's funeral. She was dead too and they didn't even know her for christ's sake.

And then there's all those bunches of flowers attached to trees and stuff along our roads to mark the spot where maniac drivers met their end. Why? If someone dies at home in bed do we attach bunches of flowers to the bedpost and leave them there for months?

The world is mad.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
fatbadger said:
Added to which, he doesn't deserve anyone's respect.

yes he does he was a GREAT actor :jester:

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
goldstone said:
What's all this bloody nonsense about thousands of people filing by a dead body that was Ronald Reagan to apparently "pay their respects"?

It's like all those effing morons who went to Diana's funeral. She was dead too and they didn't even know her for christ's sake.

And then there's all those bunches of flowers attached to trees and stuff along our roads to mark the spot where maniac drivers met their end. Why? If someone dies at home in bed do we attach bunches of flowers to the bedpost and leave them there for months?

The world is mad.

YOU UTTER MORON

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
As long as no-one is de-filing by Reagans coffin I don't see the problem :jester:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
goldstone said:

The world is mad.

I think this is a bit of a wind up. If not then your a very sad person.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
No you're right Goldstone. Lets not have any funerals anymore.. I mean the people are dead aren't they - they won't know.

Lets not bury them in a coffin, we can just have landfills for dead bodies - after all they're dead aren't they. They don't know what's going on..

FFS

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
seagull over sevenoaks said:
Lets not bury them in a coffin, we can just have landfills for dead bodies - after all they're dead aren't they. They don't know what's going on.. FFS

your right . .they dont . . . how about Falmer as a site ?

I think Goldstones got a bloody good point re DIana and that 2 bit actor bloke.

I think the road accident bit is a bit harsh though . . . .most people killed on the roads are inoccent . . . .its always the guilty fuckers who get away with it. :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatbadger said:
Added to which, he doesn't deserve anyone's respect.

The leader of a country deserves respect no matter what their politics.

You are quite intolerant of anyone else's viewpoint.

No I didn't agree with everything he did nor of what Clinton did but when a leader dies it is customary for their body to lay in state for respects to be paid.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yorkie said:
The leader of a country deserves respect no matter what their politics.

why Yorkie ?

there must have been hundreds of dictatorial leaders who dont deserve any respect whatsoever, whether they get any or not.

As far as the US goes, one might have some respect for some of the political achievements made during RR's presidency, but at best he was little more than a puppet who couldnt read his lines properly :dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Because for better or worse they have served their country.

I am not talking about dictators who get in by military coups or false voting but democratically voted leaders.

You may not agree with their politics but they have still contributed something.

You don't know for certain that he was a puppet as you call him. He was probably showing early signs of the Alzheimer's then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The clue is in "pay their respects". Intolerance and lack of respect is a large part what's wrong with this country. The GOSBTS/GSTQ thread being a good example. No-one is holding a gun to your head to file past Reagan or sing the National anthem, otherwise you almost certainly would ??? So why so much vitriol??

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The flowers by the road are for people moved down by drivers not the drivers I would have thought.

If people want to pay their respects to Reagan whats it to you ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Having a pop at people for caring if Reagan or Diana died is seriously fecked up. I'd rather people had compasion for the death of someone even if they didn't personally know them.

I reckon when you die a bin liner is in order and then to be chucked up the munical tip so we have no expense and then people can get on with the day.

Muppets !. :jester: :dunce:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yorkie said:
Because for better or worse they have served their country.

I am not talking about dictators who get in by military coups or false voting but democratically voted leaders.

You may not agree with their politics but they have still contributed something.

You don't know for certain that he was a puppet as you call him. He was probably showing early signs of the Alzheimer's then.

fair point

I wasnt thinking that way either, but many take the mantle once theyre in . . how did GW Bush get in ? even the biggestest bestest democracy in the world is a joke !

true !

I dont know for certain . . .but a 2 bit actor . . .running the worlds biggest super power . . . I dont think so somehow, and I seriously doubt he was ill when he started

Gareth Glover said:
Having a pop at people for caring if Reagan or Diana died is seriously fecked up. I'd rather people had compasion for the death of someone even if they didn't personally know them.

I reckon when you die a bin liner is in order and then to be chucked up the munical tip so we have no expense and then people can get on with the day.

Muppets !. :jester: :dunce:

Compassion is one thing, pilgrimage is another!

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
let people deal with his death as they wish to! you might not give a feck, but others respected and liked him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here