Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People : Deon Burton a target

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Oh god nooooooooo !!!!! this must be a load of old bollox please God tell its not true :eek::eek::eek::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::angry::angry::angry:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Could it not be bring him in in a coaching role, and maybe even registered just in case like Tanno (with People putting a spin on it). Could see him being a good coach one day and have useful links to a developing West Indies area.

Please don't introduce a note of considered reasoning into the gradually rising tide of one dimensionally negative response!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Kin ell, someone's woke up with the hump. Either way, he's hardly a legend,you sure he wasn't the caddy ?

Not at all pal, just dont expect someone to make me out to look a prat when i've actually stated facts unlike him. Also he obviously is a legend if he was playing for Chelsea LEGENDS

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can imagine Poyet joking with Burton at a veteran's tournament about how he'd like to sign him, and someone overhearing it and taking it seriously, or perhaps joking with someon else who took it seriously.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Did he ever play for Chelsea ? I thought he didn't, unless he started out there.

Oh sorry mate i thought you were referring to poyet my bad! Nah deon burton wouldnt have been playing for the reasons you said which really shows this 'rumour' to be b/s

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The article in the opening post shows he played for the caribbean all stars in the tournament (he represented jamaica at international level), with Utd facing Chelsea in the final.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The article in the opening post shows he played for the caribbean all stars in the tournament (he represented jamaica at international level), with Utd facing Chelsea in the final.

Exactly right :thumbsup:

Can anyone really see a problem if Burton came on trial for a few weeks pre-season to get fit while he is looking around? He has been playing at a reasonable level and he has guile and experience. If he proved himself to be a handy back-up and a help to some of the youngsters would that be so bad? I know nothing about his attitude but a senior pro can be a real asset at a club. And if he turned out to be able to do for us what Jason Roberts did for Reading or Kevin Phillips for Blackpool, who would be moaning? Surely if it did happen pre-season it is a win:no lose at very worst? Certainly not the end of our footballing world!

Jan 12, 2012
Exactly right :thumbsup:

Can anyone really see a problem if Burton came on trial for a few weeks pre-season to get fit while he is looking around? He has been playing at a reasonable level and he has guile and experience. If he proved himself to be a handy back-up and a help to some of the youngsters would that be so bad? I know nothing about his attitude but a senior pro can be a real asset at a club. And if he turned out to be able to do for us what Jason Roberts did for Reading or Kevin Phillips for Blackpool, who would be moaning? Surely if it did happen pre-season it is a win:no lose at very worst? Certainly not the end of our footballing world!

I think the difference is Roberts and Phillips have been playing constantly at a high level, and i haven't heard where Burtons been playing or at what level. Agree about it wouldn't hurt in pre season to have him around, helping the younger players, but I don't think it's a serious approach ,even if it was true.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think the difference is Roberts and Phillips have been playing constantly at a high level, and i haven't heard where Burtons been playing or at what level. Agree about it wouldn't hurt in pre season to have him around, helping the younger players, but I don't think it's a serious approach ,even if it was true.

Playing in Azerbaijan - I have no idea how good or bad that is but my guess is Championship/League 1

In truth I was playing Devil's Advocate and my guess would be that if he came here it would just be to train while he looks around

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shirley we're now WELL beyond the days of signing 35 year olds as a sticking plaster to limp through the season on a knackered budget? ???

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
No it wasnt you mong. It was a GOLF tournament between man united legends and chelsea legends. So before you comment, get your facts right you utter prat

Manchester United legends Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole secure Barbados British Airways Football Legends Invitational cup win | Mail Online

Maybe you should practise what you preach before insulting fellow Albions fans & get all your facts right, because that sure looks like a football tournament to me. :facepalm:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
They definitely had a masters football tournament, I remember SSN having an article about it last week.

Obviously in Telford Football is known as Golf. :jester:

I jest of course but if someone is going to try & make me out to be a prat i wish they would get their own facts right first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here