Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People : Deon Burton a target

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Todays People:

Gus Poyet will consider handing Deon Burton the chance to resurrect his career after being impressed with his performances at a veterans tournament last weekend.

The former Derby and Sheff Wed striker, 35, is a free agent after two years with Azerbaijani side Gabala. He caught the Brighton chief's eye at the BA Legends Invitational Tournament in Barbados.

Burton's Caribbean All Stars reached the semi-finals, while Poyet was named player of the tournament as Chelsea lost the final to Man Utd.

The pair spoke briefly about a deal and will talk again in a couple of weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But our retired manager is clearly better ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Todays People:

Gus Poyet will consider handing Deon Burton the chance to resurrect his career after being impressed with his performances at a veterans tournament last weekend.

The former Derby and Sheff Wed striker, 35, is a free agent after two years with Azerbaijani side Gabala. He caught the Brighton chief's eye at the BA Legends Invitational Tournament in Barbados.

Burton's Caribbean All Stars reached the semi-finals, while Poyet was named player of the tournament as Chelsea lost the final to Man Utd.

I really hope that we can do better than a 35 year old has been.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Todays People:

Either you made that up or the People did.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
hahahahahaha...... not a chance in hell... back in the dark days at the boottom of L1 maybe... not now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must admit it made a depressing read
Well don't buy The People then.
Princess Diana is dead. (I was just about to put a :lol: in there, but it might get misconstrued :lol:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I was the editor, I'd have your legs on every page.
You're going to have to give this up PR.
Times change, it's been a tough year, I'm not the man I was, sadly there's more of me. :down:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
hang on, poyet has said right now he is in uruguay at the current time and before that played in a golf tournament where he was named player of the tournament. So unless poyet has completely turned us into a golf club how would deon burton have caught his eye??? Absolute bull....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Obafemi Martins is available I hear - not good enough in the Premier League for Birmingham City even if he did score the Carling Cup winner but some will say he could do a job I'm sure. Age is listed as 27 but like compatriot Kanu you might want to add 8 or 9 years to that :lol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could it not be bring him in in a coaching role, and maybe even registered just in case like Tanno (with People putting a spin on it). Could see him being a good coach one day and have useful links to a developing West Indies area.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
hang on, poyet has said right now he is in uruguay at the current time and before that played in a golf tournament where he was named player of the tournament. So unless poyet has completely turned us into a golf club how would deon burton have caught his eye??? Absolute bull....

It was a Legends FOOTBALL tournament......

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If this Poyet bloke got Player of the Tournament we should be trying to sign him, shirley?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The most shocking thing about this story is the fact the sub editor resisted the headline "Has Poyet gone for a Burton?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here