Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penultimate home game at the Goldstone

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Wigan did indeed go up as champions as the Whelan bus started its push towards the Premier League…

Wigan only elected back into the league in 1977 were to me a low level northern league team, that we were superior too.
Made worse that I had lived their for a five years from 82-86 my last years at school which I left in 85.
I went occasionally to Springfield Park to get my football fix, when I couldn’t get to see the Albion playing locally up north or in the midlands.

How could they be on the rise, just how could this club that spanked Liverpool 2-0 one fine crispy Sunday in the FA Cup be on the slide.

I traveled down from Camden for this game, and boy did we push our luck, but thankfully a smidgin of pride was restored in my heart that day.

Saw Wigan win 3 1 that season at Lincoln . Tuesday 4th Feb and they had a big turnout for a Tuesday Night . My digs were so far out of the City,most of them were probably home by the time i'd walked back.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My first ever Albion game, Dad wanted to take me to see a game before the Goldstone ground was gone, & its what got me hooked.

A few years back I then found this fan recorded video of the game on youtube, the guy filming must have been so close to where Dad & I were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSP1-PHhn50&t=301s

Thank you so much for sharing that.

25 years ago yet I can remember it all so vividly. As a 15 year old (in my Spliffy jeans and Albion top!) I really didn't want to cry but knowing that was going to be my last game at the ground I couldn't help it. Watching that video has brought it all back. Special memories.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
2.32 on the video…goosebumps

Indeed. Just out of shot I was I expect, North Stand , behind the goal, to the right as if looking at the pitch.

Should show that to the current incumbent of the North Stand to prove that even without your fancy acoustics and a similar number what an actual supporting cohesive unit of a crowd can sound like. Great days even with all the troubles. Great days.

When supporting your team was the most important thing in your life between 3-5 on a Saturday afternoon. None of your early leaving bollocks to keep her indoors happy or to miss the queues for the buses and trains. Just honest to goodness pure escapism win, lose or draw.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
My first ever Albion game, Dad wanted to take me to see a game before the Goldstone ground was gone, & its what got me hooked.

A few years back I then found this fan recorded video of the game on youtube, the guy filming must have been so close to where Dad & I were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSP1-PHhn50&t=301s
Also my first ever Albion game, good memories

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here