Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pennant Jailed

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm delighted he's got sent down. It always infuriates me when 'famous' people seem to get lightly treated compared to the rest of us.

You or I would have got a jail term and it is therefore only right that he should too. If fame does affect sentences (and to be honest, of course it shouldn't) then they should be treated more harshly, as some people do appear to believe they are above the law, expecting a good lawyer to get them a fine at most which they can afford out of loose change.

I had to laugh when I saw the other day that Lee Hughes had scored a couple for the prison team. :lolol: Bet the Premiership seems a long way off to him now!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect he will join Everton now. Their Chairman is something to do with the AA.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
eagles #1 said:
He was nothing special against us. But then we are quality! :lolol:

"Going down, going down going down going down"

Was a regular from the Palace fans to Pennant on saturday :lolol:

"Pennant for Belmarsh"

Was another. Silly twat
:Get used to hearing the first quote pikeys!!:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Justice has been done.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bizarrely gave a false name when arrested as well..

.. was ALWAYS going to have a spend a period of time at her majesty's pleasure.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
If you do the crime, u do the time.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Yorkie said:
3 months is extremely light but then drivers who kill people only get 2 years.

It's about time driving offences with drink are dealt with seriously by the courts

its not the courts who set the restraints on sentencing its the lord chief justice and parliament.

they are only acting withing the guidelines they are given a lot of the them. although i do agree that something has to change. the bloke who knocked down the little boy at ferring last year only got something stupid like six months he was no insurance, mot ,tax etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gritt23 said:
I'm delighted he's got sent down. It always infuriates me when 'famous' people seem to get lightly treated compared to the rest of us.

You or I would have got a jail term and it is therefore only right that he should too. If fame does affect sentences (and to be honest, of course it shouldn't) then they should be treated more harshly, as some people do appear to believe they are above the law, expecting a good lawyer to get them a fine at most which they can afford out of loose change.
In that case it'll interest you to know that Judie Denche's pisshead of a daughter escaped a custodial sentence yesterday. She was three times over the limit and this was a second offense. Apparently she won't be going to prison because she promised to get her drinking under control.

It seems it's all about who you know, her mum being a Dame and all that. I think it's scandalous. One rule for a chav footballer with no connections, another rule for the posh girl with the dame as mummy. :nono:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...nty01.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/03/01/ixhome.html

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've heard that Pennant is going to appeal and may get away with community service.

I heard that too, Yorkie. On the radio last night it was reported that his family and his solicitor think he was very harshly treated, shouldn't have been a custodial sentence etc etc. Home Office guidelines for his offence state 6 months in jail - so actually he was very lightly treated.

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
caz99 said:
its not the courts who set the restraints on sentencing its the lord chief justice and parliament.

they are only acting withing the guidelines they are given a lot of the them. although i do agree that something has to change. the bloke who knocked down the little boy at ferring last year only got something stupid like six months he was no insurance, mot ,tax etc.
I thought the reason he went inside was because he left the scene? That was a totally different case to Pennant's though. Pennant was boozed up and driving despite already being banned for the same less than a year previously. Although the guy at Ferring killed a kid, the accident happened because of the kid's actions, not his. Pennant was entirely responsible for what happened to him and like others I think he got off lightly. On R5 last night they even hinted that his solicitor might not appeal in case the sentence gets increased.

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
clapham_gull said:
Bizarrely gave a false name when arrested as well..

I read that as well. Apparently he pretended to be someone else famous when the police turned up. What a stroker.

Copper: "So, are you notorious piss head Jermaine Pennant sir?"
Pennant: "Err, no officer I'm Pete Doherty".

Who did he actually pretend to be?

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
He got what he deserved , the way so many footballers think they are above the law because they earn so much money makes me sick. If he knows he is going to drink why not hire himself a driver or book a taxi?

As he has now been caught for the 2nd time the question is how many times has he got away with it? The lack of traffic patrols by so many forces allow tossers like this to take the risk so often.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pennant wasn't insured and frankly, his three month sentence was light as anybody who drives once banned normally can expect a three month custodial sentence without the added complication of being drunk or crashing let alone being uninsured.

Pennant should realise that appeals can add to a sentence as well as reduce. Frankly I cannot understand why his lawyers are appealing as he did 'well' under the circumstances.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :afro:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here